NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atlanta's unis are way better than the McChiefs. I can't get past the yellow/red color combo. I don't like it for any team in any sport.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a place for it in sports, god knows there needs to be more variety in some leagues. I just wouldn't put it at the top of any lists.

Now ya got an authentic throwback of Stevie Johnson's from the AFL-50 Legacy season of 2009. Can't call 'em genuine retros since the numbers were on the sleeves above the striping back in 1965. I will say this, I truly love what Reebok did with it.

tb_13rearblue.jpg

stevie_fr-tback_white.jpg

Those are both knockoff jerseys...

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Decent fakes, but fake. Retail jerseys don't have patches. Or bunchy numbers.

Well actually, the AFL Throwbacks DID have patches (the only time reebok did this to my knowledge) but none-the-less the general look of the fabric as well as the numbers is a dead giveaway that theyre fake.

Wasn't able to snap a picture in time. But in RG3's press conference the nike swoosh was cut out of his tshirt. I don't see nike being very happy about that but at the same time I understand it seeing Adidas is there poster child.

did anyone notice that he was wearing logoless black cleats taped over (aka nikes) in the 1st preseason game?..adidas can't be too happy with that.

Wasn't able to snap a picture in time. But in RG3's press conference the nike swoosh was cut out of his tshirt. I don't see nike being very happy about that but at the same time I understand it seeing Adidas is there poster child.

did anyone notice that he was wearing logoless black cleats taped over (aka nikes) in the 1st preseason game?..adidas can't be too happy with that.

I didnt see enough hq photos to tell if they were nikes or not, but i was certain they werent adizeros. Maybe he just got so used to playing in them in college?? Anyone have any good pics??

oh and a side note, i really like the high white striped sock with the solid black cleats paired with the yellow pants looked really sharp imo.

It's the adizero 5-Star Mid. I'm not sure what the NFL regulations are regarding visible footwear logos, but I'd guess that's the reason for the blackout version. I've seen an image on the web of them in Redskins' colors.

Adizero%205-Star%20Mid%20Cleats%20Black%20Neo%20Iron%20Neo%20Iron%20G48192.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't have a link, but I believe adidas didn't maintain the relationship required with the NFL for its shoes to be worn in games when Reebok's exclusive license expired. If you recall, it was a big deal when the NFL and Under Armour agreed to a deal a few years ago that allowed UA athletes to wear its shoes and gloves in games. I believe that adidas currently does not have that standing with the NFL.

Here's a picture of Reggie Bush in the Dolphins' first pre-season game, and it appears that he's wearing all-white cleats & all-aqua gloves with no branding.

tempAP887620154437--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=768&height=576

I don't have a link, but I believe adidas didn't maintain the relationship required with the NFL for its shoes to be worn in games when Reebok's exclusive license expired. If you recall, it was a big deal when the NFL and Under Armour agreed to a deal a few years ago that allowed UA athletes to wear its shoes and gloves in games. I believe that adidas currently does not have that standing with the NFL.

Here's a picture of Reggie Bush in the Dolphins' first pre-season game, and it appears that he's wearing all-white cleats & all-aqua gloves with no branding.

tempAP887620154437--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=768&height=576

well I stand corrected...usually the logoless/taped footwear is players code for I don't like the product I'm paid to endorse...I didn't even consider that adidas didn't renew their glove/shoe license (letting reebok football die made sense)...obviously they had the opportunity since UA and nike were cleat/glove licensees during the reebok contract...do they just expect them to make money having these guys endorse workout gear without any on field presence?..maybe adidas is still contemplating paying for the license.

well I stand corrected...usually the logoless/taped footwear is players code for I don't like the product I'm paid to endorse...I didn't even consider that adidas didn't renew their glove/shoe license (letting reebok football die made sense)...obviously they had the opportunity since UA and nike were cleat/glove licensees during the reebok contract...do they just expect them to make money having these guys endorse workout gear without any on field presence?..maybe adidas is still contemplating paying for the license.

Footwear logos are tougher to pick up in football, for many reasons (more players, wider camera zooms, larger playing surface, greater player movement, fans farther from the action, etc.) I don't know that football shoes are something that the average kid notices, compared to, say, basketball shoes, which are a lot more visible in-game.

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

The uniforms are pretty similar apart from the colors.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

stevie_fr-tback_white.jpg

tb_13rearblue.jpg

Those are both knockoff jerseys...

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Decent fakes, but fake. Retail jerseys don't have patches. Or bunchy numbers.

Both of those jerseys are genuine authentic jerseys, not knockoffs, not fakes, not China Counterfeits ...

They were already checked for their authenticity by a Reebok insider, so you both can think and believe whatever you'd like.

In 2009 the AFL authentic throwbacks came with the stitched on AFL-50 legacy patches. The replica version were heat applied. Not sure about the Premier.

If one ordered a custom authentic jersey, they had the option of having the AFL-50 patch in 2009.

All authentic jersey numbers had somewhat smaller jersey numbers in the front than they were on the backside. The replicas were both the same size in both front and back as they were being heat-applied along with the AFL-50 patches.

The on-field game-worn seemed to have the elastic band taken off by the equipment mgrs.

I've seen the fakes and the China Counterfeits .... and these aren't them.

I'm sure Andrew Harrington will also verify all that.

09000d5d81491656_gallery_600.jpg

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

I agree 100%. Atrociously bland.

All the more reason the Browns should scrap the white pants completely and go with orange pants instead. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived