NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there's two different fabrics at play here and one absords and shows water differently so the two fabrics look (and are) different colors when wet. That's dumb. Why don't they make the mesh parts out of the same "moisture-wicking" fabric the rest of the jersey uses? If you have to have air vents, why do they need to be a different material?

whilst technically believe the entire jersey is moisture wicking, the dark portions are essentially paper thin mesh which are designed for venting where skin is in direct exposure to the jersey so they are extremely porous sections that allow heat and moisture to escape from...from an ideal perspective an athlete may want an entire uniform made of this material due to it's light weight and venting but the material is entirely too flimsy to hold up to wear and tear...this is why you have the lighter colored sections which are thicker and more durable covering the heavy contact/shoulder pad areas.

Take your logic down a notch.

Especially because it's faulty. If they were doing only the sections where skin is directly exposed to the jersey, they couldn't put it on the back of the shoulder pads. The stomach and back are areas likely to come in contact with others when being tackled. Those are also the areas of the jersey most likely to get pulled and stretched by a tackler. Also, with current materials, the previous Reebok jerseys breathed well, as would any Nike attempt to put out jerseys in normal football templates. If the supposedly thicker fabric doesn't breathe well, why the hell are they using it in the first place? Most importantly, all of this (color changing materials, new templates) will at best give a performance enhancement which is completely negligible by Nike's claimed percentages, meaning they drastically changed and degraded the aesthetics of nearly an entire league to provide no more of a performance benefit than does players taking a dump before a game.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If you've ever seen a game worn football jersey you'd know that te shoulder area (where Nike has the extra thick material) is the part that always has the most wear and tear. So it's not completely faulty. If they didnt change colors would you still be complaining about the template?

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...

...too bad yours is wrong, but you're entitled to it.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I was watching the Bengals game and noticed how there're one of only teams that the flywire collar looks good on.

Totally. There're looking sharp with there're flywire over there're in Cincinnati.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I was watching the Bengals game and noticed how there're one of only teams that the flywire collar looks good on.

That's just because of how the black collar stops right along the seem of the orange yolk shoulders. I'm sure you won't have the same viewpoint when it comes to their home jerseys.

EDIT: The white jerseys have always looked better, anyways, since the unnecessary white panel doesn't show up like it does on the home/alternate jerseys.

Yeah, the Bengals do look better in the new template. It seems there's finally some consistency in the sleeve striping, and the players' nameplates actually fit in the orange section of the jersey, instead of the haphazard application often seen in the Reebok model.

Granted, the Bengals' look is still overly busy and ugly, but it's no longer sloppy and inconsistent. Upgrade!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

The uniforms are pretty similar apart from the colors.

Similar but different executions. The Packers look great when they wear white because the helmet and pants match. Also, the green face mask and green socks really aide in the whole balance. The Browns in all white with an orange helmet just looks dated. I get the whole historic franchise theme, but it just doesn't look good.

That's cool. There are a lot of people that disagree, I suppose, but to each his or her own. That orange lid is among the most vibrant in the league.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you've ever seen a game worn football jersey you'd know that te shoulder area (where Nike has the extra thick material) is the part that always has the most wear and tear. So it's not completely faulty. If they didnt change colors would you still be complaining about the template?

I would dislike the look of the template regardless, but it would look much, much better. It would be a small blunder only noticed by uninerds instead of a giant blunder noticed by all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

stevie_fr-tback_white.jpg

tb_13rearblue.jpg

Those are both knockoff jerseys...

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Decent fakes, but fake. Retail jerseys don't have patches. Or bunchy numbers.

Both of those jerseys are genuine authentic jerseys, not knockoffs, not fakes, not China Counterfeits ...

They were already checked for their authenticity by a Reebok insider, so you both can think and believe whatever you'd like.

In 2009 the AFL authentic throwbacks came with the stitched on AFL-50 legacy patches. The replica version were heat applied. Not sure about the Premier.

If one ordered a custom authentic jersey, they had the option of having the AFL-50 patch in 2009.

All authentic jersey numbers had somewhat smaller jersey numbers in the front than they were on the backside. The replicas were both the same size in both front and back as they were being heat-applied along with the AFL-50 patches.

The on-field game-worn seemed to have the elastic band taken off by the equipment mgrs.

I've seen the fakes and the China Counterfeits .... and these aren't them.

I'm sure Andrew Harrington will also verify all that.

The quality of customizing in Reebok's later years was really this bad. They look as bad as fakes, but those are legit.

As I've said before, artwork I can usually identify as correct or incorrect, and these look good from that perspective at this distance, but I am not trained to be able to distinguish knockoffs from genuine articles. I'm just not familiar enough with what to look for from a construction standpoint. I could probably do an okay job if I had it in my hand, but I wouldn't be able to say for certain one way or the other. There are people much better than me at doing that, and they are the ones who should be trusted.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Yeah, the Bengals do look better in the new template. It seems there's finally some consistency in the sleeve striping, and the players' nameplates actually fit in the orange section of the jersey, instead of the haphazard application often seen in the Reebok model.

Granted, the Bengals' look is still overly busy and ugly, but it's no longer sloppy and inconsistent. Upgrade!

That's a good way to put it. Reebok had so many problems with the differing cuts and stripe sizes. It seemed like every guy was wearing a slightly different uniform.

I also like how the pants stripe is now a more dynamic, Broncos-like stripe as opposed to the old ones which came to a fat blob of a point above the knee.

I think the collar looks good because the orange yokes lining up with it looks like the collar ending was an actual design choice and not the happy accident that it actually is. The black and orange jerseys still suffer from the same dumb leisure suit collar look that everyone else has.

They're still not good uniforms, the white and orange jerseys still use orange tiger stripes on a black background (that choice will never stop bothering me) but under Nike the Bengals at least look a little more uniform and slightly better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The uniforms are pretty similar apart from the colors.

Similar but different executions. The Packers look great when they wear white because the helmet and pants match. Also, the green face mask and green socks really aide in the whole balance. The Browns in all white with an orange helmet just looks dated. I get the whole historic franchise theme, but it just doesn't look good.

That's cool. There are a lot of people that disagree, I suppose, but to each his or her own. That orange lid is among the most vibrant in the league.

I didn't mean their helmet. I love their orange helmet with only the stripes and I hope that never changes. What I don't like is the white pants and white socks paired with the white jersey. All that white and then an orange helmet = not a good look. I'd prefer orange pants, solid brown socks, and slap a brown facemask on their orange helmet. That would look great together, in my opinion.

I hope the Buccaneers break out their pewter pants tonight. I am curious to see if Nike screwed them up.

Well the Bucs are wearing white-on-white at home, so the Titans are in their baby blue-on-navy blue.

The Panthers are also wearing white-on-white at home, so the Dolphins are in their best looking uniform.

spacer.png

Does anybody have pics of the Bills? I hope they wear the blue pants tonight.

Sorry .... white jerseys and white pants :mad:

and down 7-0

Vikings ... purple jerseys with bright yellow toilet-seat collars

somebody peed all over the toilet seat? (sorry)

Archived