NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stevie_fr-tback_white.jpg

tb_13rearblue.jpg

Those are both knockoff jerseys...

I wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Decent fakes, but fake. Retail jerseys don't have patches. Or bunchy numbers.

Both of those jerseys are genuine authentic jerseys, not knockoffs, not fakes, not China Counterfeits ...

They were already checked for their authenticity by a Reebok insider, so you both can think and believe whatever you'd like.

In 2009 the AFL authentic throwbacks came with the stitched on AFL-50 legacy patches. The replica version were heat applied. Not sure about the Premier.

If one ordered a custom authentic jersey, they had the option of having the AFL-50 patch in 2009.

All authentic jersey numbers had somewhat smaller jersey numbers in the front than they were on the backside. The replicas were both the same size in both front and back as they were being heat-applied along with the AFL-50 patches.

The on-field game-worn seemed to have the elastic band taken off by the equipment mgrs.

I've seen the fakes and the China Counterfeits .... and these aren't them.

I'm sure Andrew Harrington will also verify all that.

The quality of customizing in Reebok's later years was really this bad. They look as bad as fakes, but those are legit.

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

I think it looks great...to each thier own though! :)

I suppose if anything, I'd be fine with orange pants being paired with the whites. It's the only jersey it works with in my opinion. I think they look awful with the brown jersey, never liked that look one bit.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Watching 2 classic uniforms with the Packers and the Browns and I must say the Browns have one of the worst looks in 2012. Their all-white uniform is really bland and bad.

The uniforms are pretty similar apart from the colors.

Similar but different executions. The Packers look great when they wear white because the helmet and pants match. Also, the green face mask and green socks really aide in the whole balance. The Browns in all white with an orange helmet just looks dated. I get the whole historic franchise theme, but it just doesn't look good.

ryantannehilluniform.jpg?w=250

Ryan Tannehill either has wet himself/insanely sweaty pits or the "cooling mesh" looks bad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Ryan Tannehill either has wet himself/insanely sweaty pits or the "cooling mesh" looks bad.

Probably both. It's Miami in August...there's something wrong if you aren't sweating. The "cooling" mesh seems to amplify the sweat.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

But hey, who are we to stand in the way of progress. If the Nike jerseys are 2.3% lighter, we have to just accept the jerseys look ridiculous because, after all, marketing and brand image is so unimportant for sport teams. Pseudo-functionality fo the win!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

But hey, who are we to stand in the way of progress. If the Nike jerseys are 2.3% lighter, we have to just accept the jerseys look ridiculous because, after all, marketing and brand image is so unimportant for sport teams. Pseudo-functionality fo the win!

Hey guys, it was raining that game.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Wait, it was raining exclusively on his belly and armpits. That south florida weather is WEIRD!

(Good going, Nike :wacko: )

Wait, it was raining exclusively on his belly and armpits. That south florida weather is WEIRD!

(Good going, Nike :wacko: )

Now that is funny.

spacer.png

So there's two different fabrics at play here and one absords and shows water differently so the two fabrics look (and are) different colors when wet. That's dumb. Why don't they make the mesh parts out of the same "moisture-wicking" fabric the rest of the jersey uses? If you have to have air vents, why do they need to be a different material?

PvO6ZWJ.png

So there's two different fabrics at play here and one absords and shows water differently so the two fabrics look (and are) different colors when wet. That's dumb. Why don't they make the mesh parts out of the same "moisture-wicking" fabric the rest of the jersey uses? If you have to have air vents, why do they need to be a different material?

To emphasize that it's a super-advanced Nike proprietary template that the best athletes in the world are wearing. Or something like that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

To emphasize that it's a super-advanced Nike proprietary template that the best athletes in the world are wearing. Or something like that.

Also so they can make it harder to much up colors like the greens on the Jets Home jersey. Ugh!

whilst technically believe the entire jersey is moisture wicking, the dark portions are essentially paper thin mesh which are designed for venting where skin is in direct exposure to the jersey so they are extremely porous sections that allow heat and moisture to escape from...from an ideal perspective an athlete may want an entire uniform made of this material due to it's light weight and venting but the material is entirely too flimsy to hold up to wear and tear...this is why you have the lighter colored sections which are thicker and more durable covering the heavy contact/shoulder pad areas.

whilst technically believe the entire jersey is moisture wicking, the dark portions are essentially paper thin mesh which are designed for venting where skin is in direct exposure to the jersey so they are extremely porous sections that allow heat and moisture to escape from...from an ideal perspective an athlete may want an entire uniform made of this material due to it's light weight and venting but the material is entirely too flimsy to hold up to wear and tear...this is why you have the lighter colored sections which are thicker and more durable covering the heavy contact/shoulder pad areas.

Take your logic down a notch.

Archived