New DC Comics & DC Entertainment Logos

From this:

DC3.png

To this:

dc1.jpg

And this:

dc2.jpg

Source

I really don't know why they think that the new logo is an improvement over what they currently have. However, did they have to go the overly generic root in rebranding their identity?

wow... that's terrible. so generic and boring. what's wrong with what they have currently? that's one's not even that old in the first place.

Hideous. Absolutely hideous. The logo would actually be good for some other brand like a paper company, but not for something as big and as popular as DC Comics!

76 is the one I grew up knowing. But this new one is pretty terrible.

How the logo has changed; http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/logos-emblems/DC_Brand_History-tb.html

I don't know if I'm in love with any of them but I'm most familiar with the '76 change. The new one would be OK if it had color.

Gave it a try.

29l0cbm.jpg

Meh. That didn't help much.

The best thing they could have done is base their new logo on one of the Block DC roundel logos that they have used for a vast majority of the companie's existence.

After all, comic books are somewhat of a dying industry, and if they would have gone back to a prior logo or something like it, at least their identity would have a nostalgic/vintage feel to it.

I have a feeling they'll pull a "Gap" on this and revert. That's just...just horrible.

Not only land, but bad.

It suggests the D if you know it's there--if you don't know it's there--you could miss it.

That 76 & on logo was the strongest-you know what it is, and it's memorable-but the previous one is not bad either.

But then I don't buy comics any more--so this won't affect me...

I have a feeling they'll pull a "Gap" on this and revert. That's just...just horrible.

In the comment section from that link, not a single person has given the logo any positive feedback and 90% of the people have voted that they hated it.

With that much dislike towards the new logo, I'd say that a revert is likely to happen.

I actually like the new logo.....just not for them. Its a great corporate logo and a new take on the two initial mark. Its just not for a comic book company.

If they're trying to make the D unmasked to a C like a superhero masking they didn't do a good job LOL

If they're trying to make the D unmasked to a C like a superhero masking they didn't do a good job LOL

No matter what they were attempting, they didn't do a good job.

That's just a bad logo whichever way you look at it, especially considering how good the last one was.

No matter what they were attempting, they didn't do a good job.

That's just a bad logo whichever way you look at it, especially considering how good the last one was.

You're right I was hoping they would just remodernized the logo I didn't they would go GAP on them.