College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

These are prototypes. Who's to say someone didn't make a black helmet?

I've seen all of the prototype uniforms that were presented with that helmet and none of the uniforms had black. It makes no sense to have a black and no black on the uniform.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia Tech going black?

7834646428_1ef7d01ea9_z.jpg7834646546_1170b1f303_z.jpg

I bet that's matte navy. Everyone thought the matte nay Illinois helmet was black too.

Look at the outline of the GT logo. That's navy. Now compare that to the helmet color. It's black.

I had this same argument about the Illinois helmet and I was right. I'm 99% sure that's a matte navy helmet.

I think it's Navy's helmet.

It's clearly Army's. Its obvious.

i think its a navy Army helmet

Actually, it's one of Oregon's designs that they haven't released yet. They'll wear it against Oregon State to totally confuse them! *that was sarcasm for those that don't understand sarcasm*

NO NO NO Its Michigan's new helmet.

Bout time, they need a new helmet.

sFD6A.png

Purdue unis with the new train logo and conference patch. I think the patch looks bad since it doesn't match the jersey gold.

between the new train logo, the white outline on the B1G patch and the mismatched gold on the patch, that really looks bad.

It's interesting that the B1G patch has a white background. Not only would that make the gold harder to see, but I didn't think they allowed the logo to be colored in that manner. I thought it always had to have the "B" in the same color as the background in applications like this.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's interesting that the B1G patch has a white background. Not only would that make the gold harder to see, but I didn't think they allowed the logo to be colored in that manner. I thought it always had to have the "B" in the same color as the background in applications like this.

Indiana and Penn State's are the same way:

7796401490_7ba61fbf9d_o.png

If they're doing it like the SEC, then the conference is making the patches and sending them to the schools who sew them on. If that's the case, it could be that some teams either only had their patches for the road jerseys at that time or accidentally put the road patch on the home jerseys. Because I'm also pretty sure that the B was supposed to be the same color as the base it was on and the thick white outline makes it seem like it's supposed to be placed on a white background.

And those Illinois helmets are definitely blue, not black. They even have called the helmets blue themselves.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Well, this just shows how terrible the B1G logo is. It would only work for teams which have two colors other than white. For instance, an orange "B" with a white "1G" would work on Illinois' blue jersey, but they don't let teams color it like that. All current renditions are bad. On Michigan, Nebraska, OSU and Iowa's jersey, the B is completely lost from a distances, as the outline disappears. On the other jerseys, the B still disappears and the logo ends up looking like a blob. There is no good way to show that logo on a platform so small.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Better than the black ones they wore last year, but not as good as their regular white helmets.

and why matte? Why? There has never been a football helmet that's looked better with a matte finish than it would have with a gloss finish.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man, Purdue's jerseys are terrible. They're probably at the bottom of the pack for the Big Ten.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If they're doing it like the SEC, then the conference is making the patches and sending them to the schools who sew them on. If that's the case, it could be that some teams either only had their patches for the road jerseys at that time or accidentally put the road patch on the home jerseys. Because I'm also pretty sure that the B was supposed to be the same color as the base it was on and the thick white outline makes it seem like it's supposed to be placed on a white background.

And those Illinois helmets are definitely blue, not black. They even have called the helmets blue themselves.

Big Ten schools had the option of sewing patches sent by the conference or having jerseys directly embroidered themselves, based on a style guide given to the school/embroiderer by the conference. The patches all have the white outline to avoid obvious color matching problems.

I love the Matte green Ohio lid. Looks good. I'm not particularly a fan of helmet shine, not sure matte is the best way to go, but can't there be a middle ground? That way the lack of shine on the unis would match the helmet.

The best middle ground I've seen so far is on the new A&M lids.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived