College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't really see the need to start a new thread or bring the 2011 thread back from the grave...but did anyone ever notice how every single one of the Pro Combats last year had the shield shape at the neckline, except Stanford? They had a circle. Weird. I wonder why that was?

310926_10150818536405721_57460905720_20781197_646440714_n.jpg

I assume most schools just go with the shield and if a school wants to do something different, they can. ASU's PT-42 logo isn't on a shield.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I assume most schools just go with the shield and if a school wants to do something different, they can. ASU's PT-42 logo isn't on a shield.

The reason I thought it was bizarre is because every other team involved in the PC Rivalry one-off series had the shield. ASU's was more of a full redesign which makes sense why they were different. Stanford is throwing me off, though.

The reason I thought it was bizarre is because every other team involved in the PC Rivalry one-off series had the shield. ASU's was more of a full redesign which makes sense why they were different. Stanford is throwing me off, though.

Oh, I see what you're saying, but the shield is a general design feature, not just a Rivalry thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How long has this Ducks logo been around? I don't remember seeing it before.

538706_10151599591125721_57460905720_24107983_516861351_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How long has this Ducks logo been around? I don't remember seeing it before.

538706_10151599591125721_57460905720_24107983_516861351_n.jpg

As mentioned the skull version was special for that game but if you were wondering about the regular version of that logo, I believe it first came out in 2011 (someone correct me if I have that wrong) as part of their "Fighting Ducks" identity.

Throwback-Oregon-The-Duck-Uniform-2.jpg

fighting-ducks-nike-trainer-1-3-free-oregon-6.jpg?w=580&h=447

415977857.jpg?key=10501050&Expires=1335963947&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=km7tg~KQSwQy31vOitiFIY8pesNS0O9rZai-KOWSvF38F8cIjNcNbVfThwgtFkmPycmYfMe~y~5jO7oblYA8vjLVhTia4pu3vtoh8tl4zAr1M4AO7Fwwu-9EOmmrCKTHgKXzJw7b4kBE0vnmAFfUsAb1Tr847wEshSoOLg3xLZY_

Oh, I see what you're saying, but the shield is a general design feature, not just a Rivalry thing.

Eh, it was a rivalry thing for the first series of the uniforms. But now Rutgers and others have it. Some teams have nothing there which looks weird since the fly wire doesn't connect in the middle.

I know Houston's academics aren't very good, but it isn't very nice for Nike to do this to their shirt: http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Houston_Cougars/Nike_Houston_Cougars_My_School_T-Shirt_-_Red

Last year's for comparison: http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Houston_Cougars/Nike_Houston_Cougars_My_School_Local_T-shirt_-_Red

Those new shirts look 100% better! Nike FTW! Sarcastically speaking....learn how to spell Nike!

spacer.png

I know Houston's academics aren't very good, but it isn't very nice for Nike to do this to their shirt: http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Houston_Cougars/Nike_Houston_Cougars_My_School_T-Shirt_-_Red

Last year's for comparison: http://www.fanatics.com/COLLEGE_Houston_Cougars/Nike_Houston_Cougars_My_School_Local_T-shirt_-_Red

Those new shirts look 100% better! Nike FTW!

Except for the fact they spelt "whose" wrong...

561961_357004161015101_127620767286776_920145_175770534_n.jpg

Via HGI facebook page

I'm at a loss as to how designing the helmet to look scratched and worn was thought to be a good idea. What's next? A baseball team introducing caps with fabric that emulates the look of sweat marks?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

>facepalm

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

>facepalm

godzilla_facepalm.jpg

spacer.png

It'd be clever if they went with "Whous House" But Whoos is just terrible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Via HGI facebook page

I'm at a loss as to how designing the helmet to look scratched and worn was thought to be a good idea. What's next? A baseball team introducing caps with fabric that emulates the look of sweat marks?

You missed the point. They're are supposed to look like a knight's armor after battle. The scratches are to mimic swipes from a sword... same with the shoulders on the unis.

You missed the point. They're are supposed to look like a knight's armor after battle. The scratches are to mimic swipes from a sword... same with the shoulders on the unis.

That's a cool story and all, but they're not knights. "Scarlet Knights" is just a name. They're football players and equating football with actual combat is ridiculous.

Via HGI facebook page

Really, really sucky knights who just took about 45 straight-on blows to the head?

Awesome.

That's a cool story and all, but they're not knights. "Scarlet Knights" is just a name. They're football players and equating football with actual combat is ridiculous.

so you would have have every single team not play into their name at all and have pretty much the same designs and templates across the entire NCAA? no feathers for oregon? no tiger stripes for princeton? no seminole designs for florida state etc?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived