College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purdue's uniform from last year has the old train on the collar. Perhaps Nike is recalling them to make a simple switch from the old train to the new train on the collar. I wonder if it's less expensive to replace the collar logo than have to produce all new uniforms? I have no idea if that's true or not but that's all I can think of since they just got those jerseys.

purdue28jpg-058918c6ebbee4dd.jpg

Couldn't Nike just send Purdue new patches and have their equipment managers make the switch? That would seem like the most logical thing to do if that is the only change being made.

That is the smaller matter. The larger is the recall of the retail versions, which would be far greater in number than the ones the actual team wears.

cleats ND will wear vs. Navy in Ireland:

AsSrhxoCQAAp3ZW.jpg

Gorgeous. Where can I get indoor turf shoes like that?

I don't believe they make a turf version of any football cleats. This type of cleat will work fine on grass and the newer, more realistic turf that we see most places nowadays, but if you're talking the old carpet-style turf, then I think you're out of luck. I think many of the shoes coming out this year will have some sort of tie in to the color stripe design, but I doubt you'll find anything in the Ireland colors.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I actually think Georgia Tech's current look is solid. It's modern, yet not an eyesore. I do think there is too much navy blue on the road uniforms. It's a cool concept to have two different white-based uniforms, but the Yellow Jackets shouldn't have a primary look that is mostly navy blue. I do really love the navy blue jerseys with the white pants, though.

better pic of this helmet:

10930004-standard.jpg

Wow. I'm at a loss for words.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

better pic of this helmet:

10930004-standard.jpg

Wow. I'm at a loss for words.

I know, it's amazing right!?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No, Tech wears Russell in basketball.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I wish GT would move to these bad boys full time... Maybe add a word mark above the numbers tho, looks like a lot of empty space.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Anyone know when their contract with Russell ends? I feel like GT has so much potential uniform wise. Just need to be Nike or even UA.

Agreed.

I wish GT would move to these bad boys full time... Maybe add a word mark above the numbers tho, looks like a lot of empty space.

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Anyone know when their contract with Russell ends? I feel like GT has so much potential uniform wise. Just need to be Nike or even UA.

Agreed.

Same here. I actually really like that shade of "gold" they used. Very unique and instantly recognizable.

gYH2mW9.png

The Big Ten is going to add its logo to uniforms in the Fall, according to this article.

"Besides, she added, those clean, traditionally designed uniforms will be mucked up with a Big Ten logo this year. She didn?t exactly say mucked up. ?We have to have Big Ten branding on the uniforms this year moving forward. It was voted on by the member ADs,? is what she actually said, but the message was pretty clear: No one wants to start putting patches all over the place. Next thing you know, the Buckeyes jerseys will look like a NASCAR driver?s jumpsuit."

That disappoints me since I don't think it is necessary, but oh well, everyone else has done it.

Archived