The Carolina Panthers new logo is HERE

DeFrank

I don't want to start a flame war, WSU, but the changes to the Seahawks and Falcons are as clear as day. I'm in the Seattle area and all I keep hearing about is that the Seahawks are going silver in 2012 and now these Nike gloves just so happen to have silver on the bottom and yet it's just the lighting? No way that's a coincidence. It's all adding up.

Plus, the Falcons lighter shade of gold that is around that logo looks like the Georgia Tech gold that used to appear on their old Falcons helmet. Again, it makes sense.

The rumor about the Dolphins going to their original lighter aqua on the other hand is one that is very debatable.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to start a flame war, WSU, but the changes to the Seahawks and Falcons are as clear as day. I'm in the Seattle area and all I keep hearing about is that the Seahawks are going silver in 2012 and now these Nike gloves just so happen to have silver on the bottom and yet it's just the lighting? No way that's a coincidence. It's all adding up.

Plus, the Falcons lighter shade of gold that is around that logo looks like the Georgia Tech gold that used to appear on their old Falcons helmet. Again, it makes sense.

Unless the Falcons are going to use a champagne color like the USFL Michigan Panthers, the color on the Falcons' gloves is not gold. Look at Baltimore's gold, look at San Francisco's gold...it's clearly not gold on the Falcons gloves. The silver on the Seahawks' gloves is not the same silver as the Patriots, Steelers, et al. Adjust your monitor, Anna.

You can't say it's "clear as day" if a number of people disagree.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Unless the Falcons are going to use a champagne color like the USFL Michigan Panthers, the color on the Falcons' gloves is not gold. Look at Baltimore's gold, look at San Francisco's gold...it's clearly not gold on the Falcons gloves. The silver on the Seahawks' gloves is not the same silver as the Patriots, Steelers, et al. Adjust your monitor, Anna.

33-50223-J.jpg

nike-vapor-jet-glove-pro-bowl-atlanta-falcons-850x620.jpg

I hope I'm proven wrong then. But I'm pretty sure I won't be. :D

AAAADLvS8sYAAAAAADmRyg.jpg?v=1236666866000

This proves nothing. If the Falcons were going to use a bold gold color, like that helmet, the gold would be bold on the gloves, like it is on Baltimore's gloves.

EDIT: You're not really helping yourself, no matter how many times you change the picture of the helmet. The golds on the helmet and gloves aren't the same. And you keep ignoring the boldness of the gold on other teams' gloves...

AAAADLvS8sYAAAAAADmRyg.jpg?v=1236666866000

This proves nothing. If the Falcons were going to use a bold gold color, like that helmet, the gold would be bold on the gloves, like it is on Baltimore's gloves.

We'll all find out in April, won't we. ^_^

I don't think that Falcons outline is gold, but whereas someone in the know of changes here did say that Seattle was switching to silver, I'm more inclined to believe that the foggy denim blue is being dropped.

To me personally, the bottom half of the logo looks lighter and more faded than the foggy blue, even more so than the "lighter version" that was mentioned. Perhaps it's a blue-hinted silver? I wouldn't put that out of the realm of possibility for Seattle.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Saying it's not gold because it's not "Baltimore's gold" is stupid...

However, saying it's gold because it looks fu*king silver is also stupid...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Saying it's not gold because it's not "Baltimore's gold" is stupid...

Like I said before, unless the Falcons are adopting the champagne color of the USFL Michigan Panthers (which would be cool, let's be honest), I think it's completely apt to compare golds across the league. The Falcons "gold" on those gloves isn't even close to the metallic golds of any other team.

However, saying it's gold because it looks fu*king silver is also stupid...

So you're calling me stupid because it looks gold to me and others like Pizzaman7294? Awwww, what a gentleman. <_<

Love you too, sweetie...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived