Wildcat logo

The Fixer

Jesus, that's pretty badass. Scared the hell out of me. Something about the snout/whiskers bugs me, but it's definitely a cat now.

Thank you! Love that time in a concept when people giving constructive criticism and say "NOW it's good". The whiskers bug me too but I don't know a better way to do it. But have some ideas I'll fix, if they choose it.

I thought about that too. I was going to suggest elongating the whiskers, but it might not really work. The snout being white really draws my eye to it over everything else, so I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if you lowered the snout with the whiskers then it would be a great logo. As of now it looks more rodnet-like.

you posted this while i was in midpost posting the new one. what do you think now? :)

Well that's wierd haha. It's definetly an improvement but I still think that the snout is too high and too close to the eyes. That's the only remaining nitpick I have.

spacer.png

Great updates! Agree with the rest that the snout needs work. IMO the whiskers look too flat, like they are sticking to its snout, they should look like they are coming to the viewer I think. Also, they should come off the cat on the far side. Top teeth are still bugging me, just seems the perspective is off between the teeth and the snout.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

i dont know why, but this needs green. just some shading on the wildcat or a trim would make it POP more. however besides that it looks great.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

i would connect the whites around the mouth and separate the front teeth on top and bottom a bit further...i would probably either lose or connect the side teeth on the top of the mouth - the back inner cheek also is curving the wrong way, making the mouth seem a bit "viper" like - you're getting REALLY close to a fantastic logo

jldesigns404eo.png

Great progression!

Couple of things bugging me. The perspective of the the top teeth is still off - left to right the snout slopes down, but the teeth slope up. Extend the back/right tooth to be at least as long as the front/left tooth and match the slope of the top of the teeth with the bottom of the muzzle.

Also, as creativelysain suggests, the muzzle doesn't quite fit with the rest of the design. I'm not quite sure what you need to do, but I think ditching the whiskers and replacing with a few spots on the muzzle might help and thicken the remaining line weights.

hows this?

Wildcat1-1.png

Right now it feels like you've got two logos fighting against each other. You've got the back half of the logo which is a straight up profile logo. Then you've got the muzzle teeth and mouth trying their hardest to be a three quarters logo.

The profile logo, is strong, ballsy and full of thick brave strokes. The three quarters logo is fussy fiddly full of unnecessary detail and thin lines. Right now the three quarters idea is pulling down the profile part of the logo.

My advice would be do the muzzle and teeth in profile like you've done the rest of the logo, one incisor tooth top and bottom at the front of the mouth and possibly the two smaller teeth at the back on the top jaw. lose the cleft in the top lip, make the blue dividing line between the grey and the white parts of the muzzle much thicker and make the whiskers blue and have them cross the line between the two parts. I'd also drop the thin white top lip it's not nedded imo.

This has the potential to be a REALLY strong logo if you can be brave enough to render the mouth with the same bold lines you used for the rest of the logo. I look forward to seeing the next stage!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

:censored: it steve! haha whenever I see your name I know it's going to be some great CC that is gonna make me redo it all when I just want to be done :P !

Everything everyone said above bothers me now! So this is my answer. Only trouble is the tongue I think. I jsut hope I didn't lose the bad :censored: ness that went with the other one, because that's what I was trying to do because of my "client". I think that's a quality he wants.

yes my school uses the power cat currently. Can you see the subtle similarities in mine and the powercat? hopefully not TOO much.

final-wildcat-2.png

just for fun: this was the original pic it was based off of. http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens17738574module148924774photo_1301114472clouded-leopard-teeth2.jp

Wow, that's one hell of an update, Fix! The first few drafts, I couldn't stop seeing it as a beaver...it definitely renders much better as a cat. I think the tongue needs to start a little higher in the mouth, almost where the point is where the jaw hinges. Hinting at the groove in the middle of the tongue might help as well. Like I said, nice improvement.

hows this?

Wildcat1-1.png

Right now it feels like you've got two logos fighting against each other. You've got the back half of the logo which is a straight up profile logo. Then you've got the muzzle teeth and mouth trying their hardest to be a three quarters logo.

9erssteve

Even though the mouth and neck were at different angles, I liked that since it made it look as if the cat was turning his head slightly.

I agree with the mouth having issues, particularly the tongue and teeth, but the biggest problem for me is the eye. Before I thought you made it look pretty good, but by removing the pupil, it looks like the cat has its eyes closed, like it is yawning. Obviously, that takes a little away from the bad*** look you were going for. I think that could easily be fixed by adding a pupil. Though, looking back, I think it should match the shape of the shadow rather that just be a circle (like in the previous draft).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

hows this?

Wildcat1-1.png

9erssteve

Even though the mouth and neck were at different angles, I liked that since it made it look as if the cat was turning his head slightly.

I wouldn't have had a problem with a head turn in the logo, in fact it could look quite good but you have to understand where the pivot point for the skull would be and how that would affect all the features on the head. The pivot point for this skull would be just behind the ears, meaning if there was a head turn, even a slight one, it would bring part of the eye socket on the other side of the head into view. Then you've got the issue with the cleft in the lip not meeting with the centre of the teeth, which is where it should have lined up.

Because the turn didn't affect all the features in proportion what happened was the muzzle ended up looking twisted. Imo the quickest fix to that problem was to render the muzzle in profile to match the rest of the logo. An equally suitable fix would have been to turn the rest of the features to match the mouth but first the mouth would have needed some tweaking then the entire head redrawing, so the first option seemed to me to be the quickest solution.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived