2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nats sweep the Braves in Atlanta and then get swept by the Marlins in the following series in Miami in order to finish with a 15-13 record for the month of May. I'm thankful that they had a 14-8 record for April; however, this team needs to minimize the three game losing streaks if they want to maintain or even surpass their current pace in the NL East.

O's and Rays head into a weekend series against each other, tied for first, for the second time this season.

. . . meaning one of those teams will start winning again (more or less).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

With his home run last night, Mark Trumbo became the first Angel to hit home runs in four consecutive games sinc Garrett Ander- no... Vlad Guerr- no... Tim Salm- no... Troy Gla- no... Mo Vaug- no... since REX HUDLER in 1996 :lol: That threw me for a loop when I saw that stat. Of all guys, Rex freaking Hudler? Haha.

Trumbo is really rounding into his own, though. Much improved from last season in all aspects. More disciplined at the plate, but still raking for power. And he's decent enough in right field, especially when Trout/Bourjos can cover 3/4 of the outfield by themselves. The injury to Wells and Hunter's leave of absence (came back the other night though) were probably two of the better things to happen to the Angels this year. They aren't trying to shove Trumbo in 3 different positions and Trout gets the extended playing time he most definitely deserves.

Can't wait for this weekend's series vs Texas. Angels are hot. Texas coming off a lackluster series vs Seattle. (And praise Zeus, Santana isn't pitching this weekend. This every-other-year charade with him is getting old.) Should be a good one. Go Halos!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Rockies designate Jamie Moyer for assignment.

Is he finally done?

Rockies released him today.

Career more than likely over, it's been a great one!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Is he finally done?

Lenghty? Yes. Great? Ehh...

6uXNWAo.png

Is he finally done?

269-209, 2,441 K's....maybe not great, but not necessarily bad, either. That said, I don't think he's going to Cooperstown. If Jim Kaat can't make it, then Moyer won't either.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Is he finally done?

269-209, 2,441 K's....maybe not great, but not necessarily bad, either. That said, I don't think he's going to Cooperstown. If Jim Kaat can't make it, then Moyer won't either.

About 10 wins and 100 K's a season. Good numbers for his arm strength, but not Cooperstown numbers.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Carlos Beltran actually doubled down the LF line, but the ump looked at the ball mark right on the chalk and called it foul.

But hey. The human element is just fantastic.

Will baseball ever grow up?

They ruined a perfect game a couple of years ago, and now they're going to allow a no-hitter that wasn't.

Archived