2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U MAD?

Why wouldn't I be?

I've been a staunch proponent of MLB for multiple years now, and it's upsetting to see continued false outcomes because the MLB won't adopt comment technology.

And yeah, of course it's about 12x more upsetting when the mistake either aids a loss for your team or in this case just embarrasses them.

Wow what a crazy night for Mets fans. I got a first hand look at my dad, a long suffering Met fan, screaming YES! after the final out. He's been a fan since the 70's and you could see how happy this made him. Even as a Yankee fan I have to feel good for the New York Mets and their fans tonight. I know that they're sort of the "red-headed stepchild" here in NY but you can't help but feel happy for them. For once they took over the MLB for a night. That's what I love about sports but especially baseball. You truly never know if one night you will see history like this.

U MAD?

Why wouldn't I be?

I've been a staunch proponent of MLB for multiple years now, and it's upsetting to see continued false outcomes because the MLB won't adopt comment technology.

And yeah, of course it's about 12x more upsetting when the mistake either aids a loss for your team or in this case just embarrasses them.

Dude, umpires suck and the "human element" is bullcrap, but you're coming off as a poor sport here. Let Met fans have their moment.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I am numb, I am in shock complete shock, and nearly speechless.

FINALLY IT HAS HAPPENED TO THE METS AND I JUST CANT NOT HIDE IT!!!!!

Justin your team lost just one game, hit or not the Cardinals were going to lose this game, it was a bad call but I dont care 8,020 games is long enough to wait for a no hitter.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The problem is it's a moment that wasn't. It cuts at the very integrity of the game. Sorry to rain on Mets' fans parades, but this is an issue, and sooner or later MLB has to address it.

Yes they do, but not now. Its time to have a party for No-Han Sanatana

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The problem is it's a moment that wasn't. It cuts at the very integrity of the game. Sorry to rain on Mets' fans parades, but this is an issue, and sooner or later MLB has to address it.

Yes they do, but not now. Its time to have a party for No-Han Sanatana

You have fun, Frank. I have no issue with the Mets and their fans celebrating it.

U MAD?

Why wouldn't I be?

You're an :censored: . It's just a no hitter. And I agree that instant replay should be used more, but stop crying about it.

No, it really doesn't. An ump purposely blowing the call because he had money on the game "cuts at the integrity of the game." An honest mistake is just that, an honest mistake. None of that changes the fact that the call was blown, but let's back away from the sky is falling nonsense, shall we?

Replay isn't the panacea we all think it is. How many times have we watched an NFL game where the officials watch a play from 13 different angles and still get it wrong? You're looking for perfection in a world where it simply does not, and never will, exist. Long story short, :censored: happens. Add replay and guess what? :censored:'s still going to happen.

BB52Big.jpg

U MAD?

Why wouldn't I be?

You're an :censored: . It's just a no hitter. And I agree that instant replay should be used more, but stop crying about it.

STL crying again? What a shock! Not really. Even if there was instant replay it doesn't mean that the call would go the way you wanted it to go. Guess what, the ump called it foul, so it was foul. End of story. If you go back through every game and even every perfect game, there are questionable calls that no one blinks an eye at. Truth be told, it's a no hitter and will always go down in the record books as a no hitter. You can whine and cry about it all you want, but no one is going to listen to you at all. It's a no hitter, so just get over it and move on.

The integrity of the game was not lost on Gallaraga's no hitter, it was lost when Bud Selig took over as Commissioner in '92 and further destroyed it with the cancellation of the 1994 season, interleague play, the Wild Card, addition of Tampa and Arizona to deplete talent, looking the other way on the steroid issue and not telling the world which players took steroids, Frank McCourt, and of course they Ryan Braun fiasco. Don't blame human error on the loss of the game's integrity, it's just one out of touch and stupid Commissioner who's latest stupidity was "talking" to Ken Harrelson when "Hawk" called an umpire out and deservedly so for complete stupidity.

The Cubs are pretty damn good at putitng up 9th inning runs. Too bad the game is way out of hand by the time they get their sh1t together. This team is absolute garbage.

6uXNWAo.png

The Cubs are pretty damn good at putitng up 9th inning runs. Too bad the game is way out of hand by they time they get their sh1t together. This team is absolute garbage.

I wouldve been soooo pissed had the Giants blown that one tonight. Definitely a Cubs way to lose. (Like Charlie Brown attempting to kick the football)

Also I have to wonder about an issue with instant replay if it's put into place. I mean would it be an automatic double on a play like that? It's not like a ground rule play where it's a cut and dry play. It's a play that could easily be turned into a triple depending on the speed of the hitter(unless it's Bengie Molina where it would probably be a single)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived