2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magglio Ordonez officially retiring this weekend.

I would have loved to see what his numbers would have been like had he not been slowed by injuries.

Even going back to '09 he was on a borderline HOFer type of career track. Solid hitter and a very underrated defensive player. Two or three more big years and he's there because when he was healthy he was as good all around as any other right fielder in the game.

I came here to post pretty much the same. It'll be interesting to see what kind of HOF consideration he gets, if any. Even with his injuries, still a career .309 hitter with 2,000+ hits and 1,200+ RBIs. A batting title also helps his case. In my opinion? I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he were a Vet's Committee pick a few years down the road. His career resume fits that sort of election.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Pierzynski cleats Zobrist in the ankle on a late slide last night, The Rays plunk AJ today, and then they through behind Zobrist in which the pitcher and manager got ejected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yT_c3dPRG8

I hate Pierzynski and Hawk Harrelson so much.

Funny to hear Hawk's biased perspective, and to be listening to the Rays booth just lambasting Quintana to death about how obvious it was that he was throwing behind Zobrist.

As with all things, the truth almost certainly lies in the middle. Dwyane Staats is one of the worst kind of homers out there. He calls a nice game, but his subtle bias (that those familiar with him eventually catch on to) is brutal to deal with. He's like the perfect foil for the Hawk - subtle vs. obvious.

spacer.png

Pierzynski cleats Zobrist in the ankle on a late slide last night, The Rays plunk AJ today, and then they through behind Zobrist in which the pitcher and manager got ejected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yT_c3dPRG8

I hate Pierzynski and Hawk Harrelson so much.

Funny to hear Hawk's biased perspective, and to be listening to the Rays booth just lambasting Quintana to death about how obvious it was that he was throwing behind Zobrist.

As with all things, the truth almost certainly lies in the middle. Dwyane Staats is one of the worst kind of homers out there. He calls a nice game, but his subtle bias (that those familiar with him eventually catch on to) is brutal to deal with. He's like the perfect foil for the Hawk - subtle vs. obvious.

It was a horse :censored: ejection. The Rays plunked two Sox hitters, including hitting AJ square in the back, just below the neck. The Sox thew BEHIND the hitter as a warning, and Quintana was ejected despite the umpire not having issued warnings. All that tells me is, next time you want to get even, drill the guy in the back instead of throwing behind his legs. Get your money's worth.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

How's about we stop counterproductively throwing baseballs at people

It was counterprouctive from the Rays' perspective, as both batters they plunked came around to score in a 4-3 Sox win. However, you have to protect your hitters. "The best retaliation is winning the game" may very well be true, but when teams go head hunting like the Rays did, guys get hit in the head, guys get broken wrists and other injuries. You can't let them plunk your hitters with no reprocussions. When teams continually go after your guys (Buck Showalter is the worst of them), you have to respond.

Also, Wegner is a terrible umpire and likely does know very little about baseball.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived