2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Also, here's an idea for selecting the All Star STARTERS.

Let the fans, players, and manager all vote. Any time two of the three are in agreement on a player, that player starts. If there's no agreement (all three select a different player), defer to fans. Or players. Either way.

EDIT: Actually, let's say you defer to players. That way, since the game counts, you never give fans the ability to put an undeserving player in the game. You give them the ability to bump a player from the bench to the starting lineup, but not from out of the game to in it.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, here's an idea for selecting the All Star STARTERS.

Let the fans, players, and manager all vote. Any time two of the three are in agreement on a player, that player starts. If there's no agreement (all three select a different player), defer to fans. Or players. Either way.

EDIT: Actually, let's say you defer to players. That way, since the game counts, you never give fans the ability to put an undeserving player in the game. You give them the ability to bump a player from the bench to the starting lineup, but not from out of the game to in it.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Innovative indeed. This sort of gives the fans the "tiebreaker" between the managers and players, which is reasonable. In theory, the fans would still be involved (directly in the choice of SOME starters), but their most ridiculous decisions would never stick. And I agree with the edit: deferring to fans in a three-way tie would bring the most ridiculous decisions back into the fold.

I like it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm glad I was able to watch history last Sunday and see the Dodgers score runs. But even better, it was Japan Night, and they gave away these cute Hello Kitty bobbleheads! =(^.^)=

39337003166359487839.jpg

=(^.^)=

Thank you, Dodgers!

What is it with Texas? They have the major's best record at 50-30, yet when they lose they make it count, i.e. the 21-8 loss to Seattle back in May, and tonight's deficit of 16-0 to Chicago (via a TD pass from Cutler and a trio of field goals for Gould ^_^ ) is just another example of this trend.

25yzwqg.png

What is it with Texas? They have the major's best record at 50-30, yet when they lose they make it count, i.e. the 21-8 loss to Seattle back in May, and tonight's deficit of 16-0 to Chicago (via a TD pass from Cutler and a trio of field goals for Gould ^_^ ) is just another example of this trend.

They're pitching is suspect. They're offense is just that good that they can win a lot with mediocre pitching.

I'm glad I was able to watch history last Sunday and see the Dodgers score runs. But even better, it was Japan Night, and they gave away these cute Hello Kitty bobbleheads! =(^.^)=

39337003166359487839.jpg

=(^.^)=

Thank you, Dodgers!

Very Symbolic of Dodgers offense ^_^

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Tnak's joke-telling is "girly".

Joke: a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline.

The next Tank post that meets that criteria will be the first one. B)

On topic: Tonight's Astros - Pirates game was fun to watch. Call me crazy, but I think the Pirates just might be a serious threat to have a winning record this season. They have some pretty good pitching. Unfortunately, they can't hit or get on base. They are the only team in the NL with an OBP of less than .300. I'm no SABR expert but that can't be good, right?

BB52Big.jpg

This is the same thing that happened last year. They led their division at the end of July.

And then, they crashed and burned. Badly. The only way they can stay afloat is if their offense continues to be as good as its been the past few weeks or so. Their pitching isn't really all that bad.

EDIT (I don't want another post) - OBP isn't a sabermetric oriented stat. It's actually pretty mainstream these days. In general, the idea of OBP being a market inefficiency ceased to exist about 10 years ago. I'm not even sure what today's market inefficiency is...UZR? But that's nowhere near as concrete and factual as something like OBP is/was.

On that note, a book like Moneyball should be a must-read in any economics course in schools.

spacer.png

Archived