New Grizzlies Logo

Carter23

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not sure if i like how they emphasized "Memphis" more than the grizzlies text, you usually see the team name shown off more rather than the city they're playing in. Might be because they dont want to be associated with Vancouver anymore??

Memphis is just a city who likes to be full of themselves. They want the whole world to know that they have NBA team, the name of that franchise doesn't really matter, it's just that they have a team and they think that's more important than traditions with the franchise. They have it and they're proud of it.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

im not sure if i like how they emphasized "Memphis" more than the grizzlies text, you usually see the team name shown off more rather than the city they're playing in. Might be because they dont want to be associated with Vancouver anymore??

Memphis is just a city who likes to be full of themselves. They want the whole world to know that they have NBA team, the name of that franchise doesn't really matter, it's just that they have a team and they think that's more important than traditions with the franchise. They have it and they're proud of it.

I don't know anything about Memphis but i'm pretty sure there's no tradition in this franchise to be proud of, let alone any tradition at all.

I don't know anything about Memphis but i'm pretty sure there's no tradition in this franchise to be proud of, let alone any tradition at all.

Yes we all know this but I was just pointing out the fact that they would rather advertise that they have an NBA franchise over advertising the Grizzlies name itself.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'll add my 2 cents worth. This logo is like a patchwork of a bunch of other teams, most in the same division mind you! I can see the meeting now, we want something sorta like the Timberwolves logo, but in colors kinda like the Nuggets and the Mavs, and since the Cavaliers aren't using that broken font anymore it would be sweet to use that. WHALA! Sad blue bear head.

lame.

I'm making a rare appearance tonight (it's tonight where I am)...

The timeline presented on the Grizzlies' website seems right to me; I found the color .jpegs (with the Pantones listed) on a public site on March 24.

In case you care, I've spent the last week in Helsinki, Finland, and just flew in to London this afternoon. We'll be here until Sunday, and then I'll be back in Denver.

I have had almost NO internet access for a week now, and I'm also using my wife's computer, so I really feel bare neked. Oh well...I'll catch up on everything next week...

I like it alot. Its very clean and simple. Everyone says that they are ripping off the Nugs and Blue Jays but at least they took the good parts :P . I am anxious to see the uniforms and the rest of the logo set. Its much better than the other new logos (i.e. Bobcats, Blue Jays, or Bengals).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

It sort of seems to be a combo of the new and old T-wolves logo. The new because it faces forward and the old because of the lack of detail shown.

I don't think it will be a Nugget rip off because I doubt yellow will even be in the trim (the wolves use yellow eyes and a red tounge). It'll be the two shades of blue--a personal favorite color combo of mine (even if not appropriate for a bear).

I agree that the "grizzlies" does not need to be curved. It looks silly.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

But, doesn't it look likes it belongs in the ABA?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

But, doesn't it look likes it belongs in the ABA?

No, because it is at least executed well. Don't get me wrong- this logo doesn't do it for me, but it doesn't have a lack of professionalism in the design.

They kept the name and got rid of the dated looking teal. Just hope theyre keeping the claw ball. :D

really like the colours but not too floored with the logo. A little too care-bear-ish for my tastes. The subliminal heart shape doesnt help. Is it just me or would this look better on a hockey jersey?

DEATH TO REEBOK

Okay, if this has already been brought up, I apologize. I, like most of you, think the Grizzlies' "claw" secondary logo is great. However, seeing it with the new primary, to me it doesn't "fit" with it. You have a clean, sleek bear head as the primary, then this ruffled-fur claw holding a ball. Yes, it goes along because the concept of the Grizzlies are the same, but as far as "style" goes, I don't think they line up. Does anyone else see this also?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Okay, if this has already been brought up, I apologize. I, like most of you, think the Grizzlies' "claw" secondary logo is great. However, seeing it with the new primary, to me it doesn't "fit" with it. You have a clean, sleek bear head as the primary, then this ruffled-fur claw holding a ball. Yes, it goes along because the concept of the Grizzlies are the same, but as far as "style" goes, I don't think they line up. Does anyone else see this also?

I agree... Maybe they will modify the claw/ball mark to fit the style of the "pissy bear" logo.

You're absolutely right agentrygraphics. It doesn't fit.

This is too bad. That claw-ball logo is great, but they're going with this (IMO dumb) new style, it doesn't fit as part of the package.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

gentry hit it on the head...it's like the Pens keeping the hummingbird after the switch back to the skating penguin. only problem is instead of a great logo coming out of retirement to take over from its sucky replacement, we have a so-so bear head replacing an aggressive grizzly. as far as bear heads go, the only one i can really say this beats is Boston's Indifferent Bear. Enough bitching about it, I got an idea.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived