New Grizzlies Logo

Carter23

i think the logo could have been better, but overall the identity will be a success when the new uniforms, alternate logos, and court design are unveiled. But ask yourself, when you think of a grizzly and Memphis, you don't exactly think dark blue black gold and smoke blue. I remember earlier this year and end of last year they were saying Memphis was just going to get rid of the teal and use that brown-gold color, black and red--colors that synchronize well with a grizzly. I think the name Grizzlies should've been emphasized over the city name. The wordmark could have been wayyy better. But i hope they try to keep using an alternate logo something like the bear claw logo grasping the ball, that was a classic. Also, the color scheme is a lot like the Wizards....but like i said overall, it is a good identity and will look a lot better once the uniforms, alternate logos, and court designs are unveiled.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the whining I am reading, you would think the Grizzlies just unveiled something along the lines of the Canton Ice Patrol.

I have a couple of problems with the new logo - one of them being that the bear looks too pouty, like someone took away his honey. Also, it's face is a little too human, and kind of creepy. It reminds me of Teddy from A.I.

But, that being said, it is still an improvement over the old logo and colors, which screamed mid 90's. I am looking forward to seeing the new uniforms, and expect that they'll be pretty sharp. As long as they don't have the stupid wide-shoulder cut....

I like the colors although it looks like they are borrowing from both Dallas and Denver and will need to do something interesting in order to keep those immediate comparisons at bay. The logo is very good looking, although to me it seems more attuned for a football helmet than a basketball uniform.

Hopefully the uniforms will make everything work well. I choose to be optimistic here. Hopin' for good things.

The logo looks great!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. this is the nba. the biggest basketball association in the world, and horrid logos like this adn the bobcats are the best professional designers can come up with? where is the design? what the heck is that wordmark supposed to translate? memphis is overemphasized way more than grizzlies. who designed this anyway? was it another one of nikes ridiculous products after a multiyear adn multimillion dollar design process? like someone else said, the grizzly isnt even growling. talk about a step backwards. i dont see how the players contributing to this decided on something like this. its just confusing. :blink:

www.skyedesignstudios.com

this is on par with the Astros' change as far as unnecessary overhauls. they shoulda gotten their own scheme? they HAD their own scheme before :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

For all of the talk done about the eyes, they sure get lost on the two light shades of blue... I think they need more dark blue around them to provide some contrast and make them pop.

Paging Pantone! I kinda curious if the Griz is using "Seahawk Blue" in the logo. Also, look at the similarity between the Blue Jays old typeface with the Grizzlies new logo.

BB%20MLB%20AS%2053714%20Blue%20Jays%20.jpg

TDI20040525MB-05.jpg

Hmmm, very interesting. They take the BJ's wordmark and the Seahawks main color? How original! :P:P:P:P:P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like the simplicity of it, but the arching team name is really not necessary.

I just addes some extra shape to the logo. It isn't bad even though it's not "necessary".

For all of the talk done about the eyes, they sure get lost on the two light shades of blue... I think they need more dark blue around them to provide some contrast and make them pop.

I agree on this one.

Also, look at the similarity between the Blue Jays old typeface with the Grizzlies new logo.

Honestly, who really cares? Is there a place where it says nowbody else can use a font that's similar to the Blue Jays? Get over it!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Also, look at the similarity between the Blue Jays old typeface with the Grizzlies new logo.

Honestly, who really cares? Is there a place where it says nowbody else can use a font that's similar to the Blue Jays? Get over it!

Yes, because as a pro sports franchise, they shouldn't need to rip their typeface off another pro sports franchise.

For all the complaints about the bent-in-half bear they had before, it was pretty much 100% original, the old bear face looked way meaner, and the old colour scheme was more original, instead of the Nuggets+navy. As cool a colour as it is, light blue is the teal of the new millenium. It'll get even bigger for a little while until it gets overdone, and everyone moves on to the next fad colour.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

im not sure if i like how they emphasized "Memphis" more than the grizzlies text, you usually see the team name shown off more rather than the city they're playing in. Might be because they dont want to be associated with Vancouver anymore??

Could also have something to do with the fact that they are the only major pro sports team in Memphis - a civc promotion thing, especially if their new arena is publicly funded.

Even though they did jack the T-Wolves logo, I like it. I'm glad the NBA is moving to more simplistic designs. I've still got a bad taste in my mouth from the ultra-busy mid 90's.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived