New USFL Logo

Shizznick

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

This is actually a downgrade from the 80's USFL logo.

Also on a sidenote, I'm not so sure that this league will even get off the ground. It's supposed to start this spring, I believe, yet there's hardly any media coverage or information about this league to be found.

According to the link provided, they are shooting for spring 2013. I'd be amazed as well if this gets off the ground.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Wow.

This is actually a downgrade from the 80's USFL logo.

Also on a sidenote, I'm not so sure that this league will even get off the ground. It's supposed to start this spring, I believe, yet there's hardly any media coverage or information about this league to be found.

According to the link provided, they are shooting for spring 2013. I'd be amazed as well if this gets off the ground.

Ah, I see.

That seems more realistic, but I think they've been saying for the past couple years that they were trying to start play in 2012.

The delay just proves that the likely hood of this league being successful is very slim.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Until one of these fly-by-night leagues decides to start out with at least 16 franchises, you can consider me "uninterested".

As for the logo itself, it's absolutely brutal. Looks like they ripped that image straight off of some play money.

6uXNWAo.png

This won't go anywhere. They've been trying too long to get this thing moving and it has no hope of survival. I would love to see a major Spring football league in the future, but only if it is a worthwhile product in cities that are viable locations for clubs. The last thing we need is another fly by night league wishing they could salvage some financial stability to create the ultimate Spring league.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

As much as i wished it would, i don't think we will ever see a USFL-styled league dukeing it out with the NFL these days. Unless someone out there's got some very, very deep pockets. Nobody is intrested in minor league football, ask the XFL or WLAF on that one..

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Is the UFL still active? if so, why would a group focus on creating another tiny league rather than maybe trying to join up and expand on the existing one?

The UFL wants to play a spring season in 2012, but it's probably not going to happen. Most teams are struggling. The league is pretty much done.

spacer.png

now when you say "new", you mean ive traveled back to the year 1994, when this logo was created, and they are introducing this logo for the 1995 season, right?

PS: is Kurt Cobain still alive?

Grunge will never die, man!

spacer.png

I am not sure how so many bad uniforms, and logo's are out there for sports teams...I just graded as a graphic designer, and even before I started school I could design something 100x better than that, in fact most people on this board could. Do these companies hire graphic designers who have no idea about sports? Do the "suits" just give too much insight?

Those LA Kings "Burger King" thirds from a few years back, was made by a graphic designer who had never watched a hockey game in his life. My Art History teacher loved them, because they followed a few of the "golden rules", well guess what? Those don't apply to sports jerseys. Sports jerseys have their own set of rules, and a lot of them simply can not be broken.

The logo is amateur clipart crap. But that is ok, because the "New USFL" has zero chance of ever making the field. I believe 2013 is the 4th year in a row that they have announced a season. Seriously, the guy who runs this thing does this every year and every year nothing ever happens. It is a joke among even the most diehard alternative football league geeks.

Archived