Sean Payton suspended for 2012, Tebow a Jet

Brave-Bird 08

Nope. Amazing.

Looks like Williams's "indefinite" suspension just might turn out to be a lifetime ban...

*Williams remains Rams Defensive Coordinator for life*

I always wondered what it would be like to have one of those permanent "Acting so-and-so" setups in place.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell I figured when they announced it Williams wasn't going to coach another game in the NFL.

This whole thing really reminds me of Louisiana politics. Learn from whats around you I suppose.

"You can take the person out of New Orleans, but you can't take the New Orleans out of the person."

Hell I figured when they announced it Williams wasn't going to coach another game in the NFL.

This whole thing really reminds me of Louisiana politics. Learn from whats around you I suppose.

"You can take the person out of New Orleans, but you can't take the New Orleans out of the person."

I know that is a riff on me for using that line with someone before, but it is accurate...except for most times you can't even take the person out of New Orleans.

Another bounty bombshell has been dropped on the league, this time by former Vikings receiver Cris Carter, who even mentions by name one of his targets:

“I’m guilty of it,” Carter said. “It’s the first time I’ve ever admitted it. But I put a bounty on guys before. I put bounties on guys. And the guys tried to take me out, a guy tried to take a cheap shot on me, I put a bounty on him, right now.”

“A money bounty?” Schlereth asked.

“Absolutely,” Carter responded.

<snip>

“So if you played a linebacker you would …” Hill began, before Carter interrupted.

“I’d tell one of them guards, ‘Hey man, this dude is after me, man. Bill Romanowski.’ He told me he’s gonna me out before the game, in warmups. No problem. ‘I’m gonna end your career, Carter.’ No problem. I put a little change on his head before the game. Protect myself, protect my family. That’s the league that I grew up in.”

Asked whether he was the only one to do that, Carter was emphatic: “Heck no!”

CCSLC signature.png

First off, my guess is the Saints are unlucky they are the ones who got caught. The way coaching trees work in the NFL, I would imagine pretty much every franchise has had some form of bounty in operation at some point in the last decade or so. (That doesn't make it right!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I know that is a riff on me for using that line with someone before, but it is accurate...except for most times you can't even take the person out of New Orleans.

I get called "classless" by certain Saints fans on this board whenever I use that line.....

I know that is a riff on me for using that line with someone before, but it is accurate...except for most times you can't even take the person out of New Orleans

I get called "classless" by certain Saints fans on this board whenever I use that line.....

You may have all the class in the world, but it's not on display when you carpetbomb an entire city or its citizens based on the words or actions of a few knuckleheads.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Happens to every fan base by every fan base. It's silly to get upset about it and take it personal. 90% of the time the accusers don't even believe it, they're just trolling - on-line and in RL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Happens to every fan base by every fan base. It's silly to get upset about it and take it personal. 90% of the time the accusers don't even believe it, they're just trolling - on-line and in RL.

Of course they are, and it doesn't upset me. I enjoy a good back and forth now and again. For example, I live in metro Atlanta and many of my colleagues are die-hard Falcons fans. I was headed out of the men's room one day and passed one of them going in. He said, "Yeah, I've got to take a New Orleans and then I'll wipe my Saints." :D

I got the last laugh though. My wife and I went to the Saints-Falcons MNF game with this guy and his wife and to see his face when the Falcons blew a 4th quarter lead and lost was priceless. Looked like he'd just watched the vet put down his sick puppy. He was so bummed I didn't even have the heart to rag him. Until the next day at least. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Screen-shot-2012-05-17-at-11.41.09-.png

Tim Tebow threatens makers of “Jets-Jesus” parody with legal action

These types of shirts are nothing new, however I think he has a point.

I don't think it's so much a lawsuit to protect his name, I think it's to keep people like these from confusing religion and sports.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Well, Jonathan Vilma isn't acting like someone afraid of the evidence, is he? He's just sued Roger Goodell for defamation. The NFL says their case is open and shut; Vilma's calling them on it. This will be interesting.

Vilma's a really smart dude, but he may not be the smartest dude, if you know what I mean. This is a high risk/high reward play for him.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's more that they didn't cut him in for a slice of the pie.

Based on what?

Don't you know?

Converting public pronouncements of faith into dollars is strictly Timmy's game.

Why do you like sports? You seem to hate so many athletes.

Archived