Sean Payton suspended for 2012, Tebow a Jet

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely.

Heavy penalty for Sean Peyton...didn't expect that. Figured a fine would be appropriate.

I don't think he bowed and scraped in apology quite enough for Goodell.

As for who will take over, the obvious choice would be Spags, right? Either him or Pete Carmichael, the OC, who called the plays when Payton was injured last season.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I expected a heavy hand for the Saints. Suprising that they went that heavy. I would have thought a huge huge fine among other penalties.

:lol: at Tebow in NY. They just gave Sanchez an extension. I dont see Tebow seeing the field at all, unless it's not at QB. I will say, however, that if there is any media market that would kill the Tebow-mania and love every minute of it, it would be the New York media.

You can never bow or scrape enough for Almighty Goodell. Never. KNEEL!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

These suspensions are bull :censored:. Payton and Williams are being made examples of and taking the entire punishment for what many, many people participated in.

It's like MLB suspending people for steroids before there is a rule. They could not do that. NFL should make a rule, have very harsh penalties and enforce them, knowing that anyone who breaks it should know better. But to punish people to this extent for something that the league was kinda turning the other way from is just flat wrong.

Bounties, regardless of their impact, just don't "sit right" from a league image perspecrive and there should be a rule...but pre-rule, this punishment seems arbitrary and therefore too harsh.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Well this what happens when you pull this *hit. I'm for the suspensions, and I like how this isn't a first offense type ruling where it's just a fine or whatever, this is. If you want to pull this crap, you're going to feel the wrath of a strong punishment, even if you're just an accessory, you got involved in it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow, the NFL did the right thing, at least so far. I think people have tried to downplay the seriousness of the bounty system, considering from a legal perspective, it amounts to assault, conspiracy and racketeering, not to mention tax evasion if the players didn't report the acquired income. I could care less about the tax evasion part, as in reality its peanuts, but paying someone for knocking someone else out of a game is straight-up assault and conspiracy.

If any players can be definitively implicated, I hope they are punished to a similar extent as well.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

As a Saints fan, I'm scared righ now, primarily because this is some pretty new territory here. That said, I won't waiver one bit. As long as I keep my expectations low for this season, my feelings won't be hurt. A while ago, I mentioned the Curse of the Super Bowl Host City. And so it continues...

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Wow, the NFL did the right thing, at least so far. I think people have tried to downplay the seriousness of the bounty system, considering from a legal perspective, it amounts to assault, conspiracy and racketeering, not to mention tax evasion if the players didn't report the acquired income. I could care less about the tax evasion part, as in reality its peanuts, but paying someone for knocking someone else out of a game is straight-up assault and conspiracy.

If any players can be definitively implicated, I hope they are punished to a similar extent as well.

Exactly

I haven't read anything about this other than what's been typed here, but part of it could be that the league knows that there will be appeals and such, and the actual suspensions will be a little less, so they went intentionally overboard figuring Peyton will get half a season and Williams a full season. Just a thought, could be completely off base.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived