It's Live (New Nike NFL Apparel)

agent009

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, this is the exact same stuff Reebok's been doing for the last 12 years just with better marketing...

For me it's about quality, Pat. From the day Reebook took over the NFL contract until now, they not once made a Rams jersey for fans that had even remotely correct proportioning on the shoulder sleeves. Maybe Nike will disappoint in that regard as well, but something like that is so bad I can't overlook it. And as a Rams fan who would have bought at least one jersey in that time span, it wasn't just bad, it was really frustrating.

In past ventures, Nike has given me every indication they'll pay attention to details like that and do this right, and that's why I'm excited.

Nobody bats 1.000, but typically Nike does things right.

Who has the where and what time on this? I Googled it but didn't find much other than a reference to "mid-day" on Uni Watch.

Will it be streamed live?

I heard 11am eastern time. And I also heard no live stream but can't confirm that one

Again, this is the exact same stuff Reebok's been doing for the last 12 years just with better marketing...

For me it's about quality, Pat. From the day Reebook took over the NFL contract until now, they not once made a Rams jersey for fans that had even remotely correct proportioning on the shoulder sleeves. Maybe Nike will disappoint in that regard as well, but something like that is so bad I can't overlook it. And as a Rams fan who would have bought at least one jersey in that time span, it wasn't just bad, it was really frustrating.

In past ventures, Nike has given me every indication they'll pay attention to details like that and do this right, and that's why I'm excited.

Nobody bats 1.000, but typically Nike does things right.

Better marketing does not account for this:

Analysts expect Nike in its first year to sell more than Reebok did across any of its 10 seasons.

<snip>

Powell, who distributes widely read monthly footwear sales reports, estimates Nike could perform at least 50 percent better than Reebok in its first year.

As I said in the other Nike-NFL thread, I'll be there and I'm gonna live blog the event at pigskinbuzz.com and @piskinbuzz. I've talked to a few people at Nike and haven't heard anything about an official live stream.

Thank you

If you can get a snap of the 49ers' duds I'll RT you to whomever follows me on Twitter and I'll up it on my page with credit of course.

Go A's!

I was really excited a couple of weeks ago, but with all that's come out lately and some of the leaked pics, my excitement had waned a bit.

i'm surprised more people don't share this sentiment. i can't say i'm overly pumped. the only thing that would salvage it for me would be if nike made their mark by unveiling some surprise alternates. for example, i have all my fingers crossed for a kelly green, '80s era jets throwback.

sig2024.png

As I said in the other Nike-NFL thread, I'll be there and I'm gonna live blog the event at pigskinbuzz.com and @piskinbuzz. I've talked to a few people at Nike and haven't heard anything about an official live stream.

Awesome, just followed you. Take an excessive amount of pics! (Including some Bengals close-ups if possible). Thanks a ton.

9up7jm.png

..typically Nike does things right.

Not directed at you, but this statement made me laugh out loud, given their controversial labor practices, apparent price gouging on NFL jerseys, shock-jock mentality when it comes to college football designs, likening of football to militaristic combat, make a buck at all costs mentality...

I'm not saying anyone else in the industry necessarily 'does things right' per se, but I'm pretty sure Nike does not, either.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm thinking Nike has somewhat fixed Midnight Teal by making it actual green. I know it's just a shirt but I'd be ecstatic if the jerseys actually comes off as this color...too often they look like dark teal on TV.

New

p12511372dt.jpg

Old

22-14537-1-F.jpg

>>>>>

'Fixed' it ?? . . . More like 'ruining' it.

I find it amazing that you or any other Eagles fan could possibly like the coloring on the Nike shirt better than the Reebok one.

There's no comparison is this case, the old is far superior IMO.

It doesn't looked faded and discolored like the new Nike one does.

I'm thinking Nike has somewhat fixed Midnight Teal by making it actual green. I know it's just a shirt but I'd be ecstatic if the jerseys actually comes off as this color...too often they look like dark teal on TV.

New

p12511372dt.jpg

Old

22-14537-1-F.jpg

>>>>>

'Fixed' it ?? . . . More like 'ruining' it.

I find it amazing that you or any other Eagles fan could possibly like the coloring on the Nike shirt better than the Reebok one.

There's no comparison is this case, the old is far superior IMO.

It doesn't looked faded and discolored like the new Nike one does.

funny, because I thought the reebok one looked faded....

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived