The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

I'm just having trouble seeing either Pittsburgh or Vancouver getting swept tonight. Even though it'd be hilarious, it's more likely we'll see Pittsburgh getting swept. With Dank coming back, and Vancouver getting progresssively better as the series moves along. Tonight will either be Vancouver winning big or Quick doing everything he can to pull out a win.

Then the Kings would have at the very least almost 10 days off, if we get a couple of Game 7's.

It will probably happen to both teams. Pittsburgh has been playing :censored:ty all series and they don't deserve to win. Vancouver, I hate them and I love to see them lose.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schneider is a better goalie, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tear off a couple wins to make it a series.

That being said, if they win, I want them to credit Duncan Keith.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

YEAH WE'RE ORANGE AND BEAT PEOPLE UP WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT YEAH FIGHT PUNCH

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Torres needs to be made an example of. The hit on Seabrook last year was clean because Torres never left his feet. The one last night was simply a dirty play and the the notion of him "Just finishing his hit and making a hockey play" is simply ridiculous.

It's amazing how quickly you've changed your tune.

I never tried to justify the hit earlier...

Torres needs to be made an example of. The hit on Seabrook last year was clean because Torres never left his feet. The one last night was simply a dirty play and the the notion of him "Just finishing his hit and making a hockey play" is simply ridiculous.

It's amazing how quickly you've changed your tune.

I never tried to justify the hit earlier...

No, but you did say this.

I don't think people who've spent an entire day whining about every Blackhawks related thing imaginable should be talking about pathetic. Canucks are down 3-0, do you see us crying about it? No you don't. I kept my mouth shut about the suspension and the Torres hit but after the accumulative effect of said whining by all the hawks fans on here, I have to say that seeing your team lose damn near made my day.

Enjoy

First you say that we're complaining about the hit too much and that we're whining too much in general (real rich coming from a fan of the most flop-tastic team in the league) and suddenly you agree with the Blackhawks fans who are rightfully calling for Torres' head.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'd like to welcome the Phoenix Coyotes to the Hall of Ass Clowns, which they've cemented with Dave Tippett's response to the hit. Listen in:

http://chirb.it/bFc97x

In summary:

• Torres just happened to turn around and there was a guy (Hossa)
  • Torres never left his feet
  • Torres wasn't trying to dish out a malicious hit
  • Chicago media is a bunch of jerkoffs (which I can agree with to some extent)
  • You can't possibly begin to understand the hit because you've never played in an NHL game

Couple that together with the fan responses from Torres hit in their in-game thread (I posted them earlier), along with these gems:

• "(Tippett) undressed the local reporters!"
  • "If Torres jumped it was not more than two inches off the ice hardly worth crying over."
  • "They hit our goalie. We hit their star. 1-1. If the Hawks cheap shot a Yote next game, Yotes will return the favor in Game 5."
  • "Shanahan is biased, I expect a harsh ruling..."
  • "I think they recently showed common sense in regard to the Weber incident."

Congratulations! Enjoy watching Suns basketball.

twitter

It was so much better when Dollar Bill ran the Hawks and there were no Hawks fans. :P

There are a couple of Tippet's points I can sort-of agree with:

"Torres wasn't trying to dish out a malicious hit": I don't think he was... well, any more so than any player who jumps into hits and/or leads with his arms. That behavior has been tacitly allowed--hell, encouraged--at many levels of hockey. It's a terrible way to "check", and it's become much too widespread.

"Chicago media is a bunch of jerkoffs": Duh.

The rest? Um......... NO. Seriously.

As for the fan stuff: Do you really expect anything more from any fanbase? Let's face it: we're all terrible, especially in numbers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It was so much better when Dollar Bill ran the Hawks and there were no Hawks fans. :P

There are a couple of Tippet's points I can sort-of agree with:

"Torres wasn't trying to dish out a malicious hit": I don't think he was... well, any more so than any player who jumps into hits and/or leads with his arms. That behavior has been tacitly allowed--hell, encouraged--at many levels of hockey. It's a terrible way to "check", and it's become much too widespread.

"Chicago media is a bunch of jerkoffs": Duh.

The rest? Um......... NO. Seriously.

As for the fan stuff: Do you really expect anything more from any fanbase? Let's face it: we're all terrible, especially in numbers.

I think the hit was intentionally malicious. It was retaliation. It's the name of the game in hockey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think the hit was intentionally malicious. It was retaliation. It's the name of the game in hockey.

Retaliation for that violent, bloody, and brutal display of violence that was the Shaw hit on Smith. THE HORROR.

twitter

Retaliation for that violent, bloody, and brutal display of violence that was the Shaw hit on Smith. THE HORROR.

I'm not sure I can roll my eyes any harder. Jebus. You keep beating that horse, champ.

As I see it, if you're ok with that contact on a goalie, then Hossa's totally fair game. (And don't even try to twist that into me saying that the hit on Hossa was ok. I want to see a good-sized suspension on this.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not sure I can roll my eyes any harder. Jebus. You keep beating that horse, champ.

As I see it, if you're ok with that contact on a goalie, then Hossa's totally fair game. (And don't even try to twist that into me saying that the hit on Hossa was ok. I want to see a good-sized suspension on this.)

So you're saying:

ow.gif

offsets

hossa2.gif

Really?

You said it, not me.

twitter

I suppose, but I feel like you're giving Torres too much credit; that hit was flat-out sloppy.

I'd lean toward this, too. I feel like it wasn't so much malicious as it was horribly undisciplined. People may have told Torres after his other eff-ups how he's supposed to hit, but in the heat of play, that all drops out of his skull, and he just hits without regard for rules or consequences.

Or hey, maybe he thought he was in the Designated Hitting Area again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I suppose, but I feel like you're giving Torres too much credit; that hit was flat-out sloppy.

I'd lean toward this, too. I feel like it wasn't so much malicious as it was horribly undisciplined. People may have told Torres after his other eff-ups how he's supposed to hit, but in the heat of play, that all drops out of his skull, and he just hits without regard for rules or consequences.

Or hey, maybe he thought he was in the Designated Hitting Area again.

I would agree with this.

I'll try not to let my newfound disdain for the Coyotes shine through further.

twitter

Please, guys, just don't embarrass yourselves. Just play the game, don't get into the extracurricular bull :censored:, and try not to give up too many goals. If you lose, so be it, but lose like winners this time.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived