What happens when a player is traded/leaves team?

youcan'tseeme

Recently I've seen some jerseys of players being blown out for cheap after they leave a team. Local SVP shops have replica Souray Oilers jerseys for $29 dollars. But what happens to all the jerseys of other players after they are dealt? I did a search but couldn't find a thread. Are there websites that sell these? Thanks to anyone who can help me.

untitled-6.jpg

Generally just hit the clearance rack

Within like the teams stores though? Do shops such as SVP purchase them dirt cheap and then seel them?

they tend to be liquidated via the big discount retailers: marshalls/tj maxx etc.

The Jets put there old players jerseys and t-shirts on the sale rack.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the team shop at the arena in Newark, hoping to find some Nets stuff before the move. The store is mainly a Devils store; they had very few Nets items. But, amongst those few items, they had an authentic Devin Harris road jersey, selling for full price (over $200).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the team shop at the arena in Newark, hoping to find some Nets stuff before the move. The store is mainly a Devils store; they had very few Nets items. But, amongst those few items, they had an authentic Devin Harris road jersey, selling for full price (over $200).

There used to be a US sports shop over here in Birmingam - they'd reduce the replicas of players who'd left those teams, but never reduced the authentics. They closed around '01 and still had stuff like a Dennis Rodman Spurs authentic at £250.

When those new Revolution NBA jerseys came out, almost overnight TK Maxx was filled with the old stock. There's still stuff turning up at my local branch. Saw at least half a dozen Kobe replicas last time I was there, they're not shifting even at £10...

I actually thought about this the other day, except more specifically with the Cavs.

I noticed that in the Cavs team store they have jerseys for EVERY player on the roster. That includes the inactive players and 15th man. They have them for guys like Luke Walton, Lester Hudson, and Donald Sloan. Earlier in the year they had jerseys for Ryan Hollins. I was wondering what happened to all of the Hollins jerseys after he was cut. They were replicas, so I wouldn't think they'd be able to remove the screen printed stuff on the jersey and re-use it for a different player. They didn't put his jerseys in the clearance section, or even have a clearance section from what I remember. Would they send them to TJ Maxx? Would TJ Maxx even be able to sell his jerseys?

T1oYViW.png

I actually thought about this the other day, except more specifically with the Cavs.

I noticed that in the Cavs team store they have jerseys for EVERY player on the roster. That includes the inactive players and 15th man. They have them for guys like Luke Walton, Lester Hudson, and Donald Sloan. Earlier in the year they had jerseys for Ryan Hollins. I was wondering what happened to all of the Hollins jerseys after he was cut. They were replicas, so I wouldn't think they'd be able to remove the screen printed stuff on the jersey and re-use it for a different player. They didn't put his jerseys in the clearance section, or even have a clearance section from what I remember. Would they send them to TJ Maxx? Would TJ Maxx even be able to sell his jerseys?

I bought Gortat's Magic replica jersey when I was in the USA 2 years ago and the numbers started peeling off pretty soon. Is it really so difficult to re-use such jerseys?

Archived