Redskins 80th Anniversairy

DeFrank

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar? That's exactly the same patch as the previous anniversary one except for swapping 75 with 80. Besides, I didn't know that an 80th anniversary was significant in sports other than the sports team, in this case the Redskins, trying to increase merchandise sales.

Hopefully they have a better logo than a re-take of the 75th. If not, it's extremely lazy.

Besides, I didn't know that an anniversary was significant in sports other than the Redskins trying to increase merchandise sales.

What do you mean? Anniversaries are always being celebrated in sports.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hopefully they have a better logo than a re-take of the 75th. If not, it's extremely lazy.

Besides, I didn't know that an anniversary was significant in sports other than the Redskins trying to increase merchandise sales.

I'm more acclimated to the 25 year or season incremental anniversaries than producing an anniversary patch every five years or seasons.

We know throwbacks will be unveiled on May 10th at a private event.

Has there been any indication as to which uniform they're throwing back to?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm more acclimated to the 25 year or season incremental anniversaries than producing an anniversary patch every five years or seasons.

I understand what your saying, but after 75 years, IMO, celebrating every five years is okay.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

I understand what your saying, but after 75 years, IMO, celebrating every five years is okay.

I disagree. It kind of waters down the idea of celebrating an anniversary if you're going to celebrate every 5 years. Something big like a centennial won't have as much merit to it if you recently did a 95th and are going to celebrate a 105th. IMO, the only anniversaries that should be celebrated are every multiple of 25 and the 10th.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Aren't the Redskins playing in Dallas on Thanksgiving? If so, I'm thinking it's a white throwback since the Cowboys throwback is usually that blue one with the big shoulder stars.

Could be color-on-color.

That would be fun. BTW, I love your avatar, lmao.

I'm going to guess a color throwback, as the removal of the gold pants in the regular set has left them with one home combo (I pray the all burgundy never sees the light of day again). Perhaps gold helmets with burgundy jerseys and gold pants, with striping similar to that of the Allen era.

83477376.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193003A50471BAAE0D54207084E72D11BF426FD13ED7B73D4BC

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I disagree. It kind of waters down the idea of celebrating an anniversary if you're going to celebrate every 5 years. Something big like a centennial won't have as much merit to it if you recently did a 95th and are going to celebrate a 105th. IMO, the only anniversaries that should be celebrated are every multiple of 25 and the 10th.

5, 10, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 90, 100...

Those are the anniversaries I'd consider acceptable to honor. Every decade, plus the 25 year dates. New teams often do a 5 year, which is fine with me.

When I first saw this post and spotted the 80th anniversary logo, I thought it was just a quick mock-up that they'd use until the 80th anniversary throwback/fauxback was introduced on Thursday. After searching the web and the 'Skins Facebook page, it looks like that's what they'll be going with.

It was a cool logo the first time around, but reusing it is just lazy.

Anniversary dates that are acceptable:

5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 90 (because that is a DANG long time), 100

But 80 isn't a long time? That's pretty arbitrary.

But is's just 5 years after 75, whereas 90 is 15 after 75 and a decade before the centennial.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Anniversary dates that are acceptable:

5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 90 (because that is a DANG long time), 100

But 80 isn't a long time? That's pretty arbitrary.

But is's just 5 years after 75, whereas 90 is 15 after 75 and a decade before the centennial.

I'm not saying you have to celebrate 80. But to casually dismiss 80, but to say that 90 is ok because it's a DANG long time seems arbitrary (as in, 80 is ALSO a dang long time). Why not celebrate 40, because it is 15 afer 25, and still 10 before 50?

It's where I sit.

Archived