Redskins 80th Anniversairy

DeFrank

I like the throwbacks for what they are. And being from 1937 they could have been a lot more boring. I think the helmet looks great, too. These should look good for the 1 or 2 games they wear them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, awesome to see that uniform return. The helmet is certainly better than the one they wore during the 1994 season...

KnRPO.jpg

cut the league a little slack that was throwback v1.0 they've had almost 20 years to perfect them

Excellent work here. If the facemask matches the helmet, I like it. If it's black, or noticeably darker then the helmet (so as to appear, for all intents and purposes, black), I dislike it and think it should have been grey. The only thing I would have done differently is to make the name white, because the weight of the letters has a similar scale to the numeral outline and should mirror it in color as well, purely from the standpoint of sound design.

These seem to be very accurate as well. The GUD has the pants and helmets as being a gold color (helmets possibly burgundy in 1938) similar to the numerals, but I can see where that sort of thing could be debatable in this case given how close tan, brown, burgundy and old gold can look in black and white photos. They didn't quite nail the proportions of the numerals (don't know if they intended to or not) but it looks like they got some of the stylistic characteristics spot on, judging from the 1. The sleeve logo kind of looks like a hybrid of 1937 and 1938, plus the odd placement of the Indian facing rearward on the left sleeve is nice, which was done in 1937 as well.

1937_redskins.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Wow, awesome to see that uniform return. The helmet is certainly better than the one they wore during the 1994 season...

KnRPO.jpg

cut the league a little slack that was throwback v1.0 they've had almost 20 years to perfect them

That's true, the 75th Anniversary was one of the first of its kind, but it's hard to ignore the multitude of inaccuracies with the uniforms they brought out at the time.

bSLCtu2.png

RedskinsGoldPants.jpg

Man, those were awesome.

They should just make those the permanent uniforms.

If not for the tradition of their current gear (3 Super Bowl wins, Gibbs era), chances are the Skins would've brought these back full-time by now.

6uXNWAo.png

"The highlight of the event will be the unveiling of the team's 2012 alternate Nike uniforms. The uniforms will blend historical elements from the team's past, with a new-age look for the future."

I like them, but I don't see the new-age look except for the flywire.

"The highlight of the event will be the unveiling of the team's 2012 alternate Nike uniforms. The uniforms will blend historical elements from the team's past, with a new-age look for the future."

I like them, but I don't see the new-age look except for the flywire.

How many other teams have unis with textured helmets? That's pretty "new-age" if you ask me - even if it's an attempt to depict the texture of old-school leather helmets.

Overall, me likey, much more so than I was necessarily expecting.

Some points on the helmet though (textured my behind, that's near as dammit a matte helmet):

- It's one of very few 'matte' helmets I actually like, it's WAY better than the Packers' shiny throwback, which just looked a bit silly

- Unless someone else comes out with something in the next few months, won't this be the first 'matte' helmet in the NFL?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

On seeing that I partly retract my 'textured my behind' statement, I'd previously not seen an actual close-up, only fairly long shots or the egregious Nike photoshopped into oblivion publicity photos.

I do gain a gripe however, I dislike this current trend for helmet designs that you can't see from more than about three feet away.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived