Redskins 80th Anniversairy

DeFrank

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like it could be some sort of hybrid throwback/fauxback uni using elements from different eras.

And black.

Lots of black.

Oh Lord....sounds like a nightmare to me.

and the throwback aspect will be the fact that there are numbers on the jersey

Let me stress, I have no insider information. But the rumors are that this alt will be the black jersey we've been expecting.

That could indeed be the case. One school of thought that creates doubt is that the GM, Bruce Allen, really believes in showing off the team colors. Hence the reintroduction of the gold pants upon his arrival. He's a traditionalist that's into uniforms. I just can't see him conceding to Nike and a black uni. I could be wrong though.

Let me stress, I have no insider information. But the rumors are that this alt will be the black jersey we've been expecting.

That could indeed be the case. One school of thought that creates doubt is that the GM, Bruce Allen, really believes in showing off the team colors. Hence the reintroduction of the gold pants upon his arrival. He's a traditionalist that's into uniforms. I just can't see him conceding to Nike and a black uni. I could be wrong though.

yes his father was the coach in the 70's but he is not the owner...if danny boy snyder says we're doing a black jersey because I want more merch $$$$ then bruce allen agrees.

Not a chance. Why would the Redskins, a team who has never had black jerseys, decide to honor their 80 year history by suddenly implementing a black jersey? They may eventually get a black alternate, I doubt it, but they may. And if they do, they definitely wouldn't call it a throwback.

90758391980.gif

Not a chance. Why would the Redskins, a team who has never had black jerseys, decide to honor their 80 year history by suddenly implementing a black jersey?

I don't know, for the same reason a team would make a throwback uniform with a "new-age look for the future"? Those last six words tell us that it's going to be bad bad. I don't know what the future talk could represent other than adding black. Or maybe the future stuff is just promoting that it's a crappy Nike template which will make players sweat 1.7% less and 2.3% more aerodynamic. Either way, I'm guessing this will at-best loosely resemble something the Redskins have previously worn.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not a chance. Why would the Redskins, a team who has never had black jerseys, decide to honor their 80 year history by suddenly implementing a black jersey? They may eventually get a black alternate, I doubt it, but they may. And if they do, they definitely wouldn't call it a throwback.

Based on the "insider" info that we've received over the years, Snyder has gone as far as to have black alt jerseys actually created, though they haven't seen the light of day. I agree that a throwback celebration is not the time to bust out something so drastic, and I doubt that's what we're going to see today, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see a black jersey on the field next season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did they ever have a yellow jersey?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, the New York Islanders marked their 40th by introducing the poster child for wanna-be modern EDGE disasters. Oh, and it was black. So I wouldn't exactly rule out the possibility of a "modern" black jersey with the new template.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived