College Football Nike Revamp 2012

Brave-Bird 08

9) Georgia Bulldogs (SEC)

-I gave Georgia a crack upon request. For my beloved Bulldogs, the key in the concept was to keep the home and away uniform style in tact. IMO, the most important thing about their uniforms is the preservation of the helmet, pants, and the home and road combinations. Georgia doesn't nearly have the same cemented-traditional look that teams like Bama might have, so I'm giving them plenty of alternate options. The most significant change in this concept, however, is the addition of a sleeve stripe that mimics the iconic pants stripe. I also really like the idea of a white helmet for Georgia, as they are called the Bulldogs and Uga is white. The black helmet in this set is matte. The alternate pants designs follow the stripe pattern that the basketball team utilized with their uniforms from a few years ago--the white and grey jerseys followed the pants design, while the black one had a silver and red stripe down the side. Basically, this set gives Georgia something new, significant to its identity, and ties the uniforms into the identity that the rest of the athletic teams wear.

UGAone.png

UGAthree.png

UGAtwo.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia looks good, and I like the triple stripe. However, I will say that I think you should have consistent striping from one color to an application of the same color. What I mean is that currently, your striping on the red jersey is different than the striping on the red pants. Ditto for the black. I understand why you did it that way on the pants, but I think if you're not gonna do it on the jersey, they both should be consistent. Otherwise they look conflicting.

Georgia looks good, and I like the triple stripe. However, I will say that I think you should have consistent striping from one color to an application of the same color. What I mean is that currently, your striping on the red jersey is different than the striping on the red pants. Ditto for the black. I understand why you did it that way on the pants, but I think if you're not gonna do it on the jersey, they both should be consistent. Otherwise they look conflicting.

I agree and he said it perfectly. Why not do a constant color with every stripe so it works with every set.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

SDST- This is one of the best concepts I've seen on here in a while. The entire thing is executed beautifully.

AF- I'll echo what others said and say that the lightning bolt should return to the lid. I also think that the the sleeve logo should be white on the home like mbannon said.

I have some nitpicks on these ones as well.

SDST- The red jersey is missing a shoulder number on the back view and the other one is red instead of black. The back of the white jersey is also missing a back shoulder number.

AF- The back view of the blue jersey is missing a shoulder number.

SDSU: I, for one absolutely love what you've done with San Diego State! If they were to ever consider a rehaul to their uniforms, these would be the ones they have to pick. Although I wonder how their classic airbrush helmet would look with that set. Otherwise, outstanding!!

AF: I like the direction you went with gun metal and the tossing away of black. I feel that I would have like to have seen more with these uniforms, but they fit well with Air Force for sure.

UGA: Not a single complaint on Georgia, and I like the reintroduction of the black helmet & red pants, and the additions of the white helmet and pants stripe being on the jersey's sleeve.

8) Air Force Falcons (Mountain West)

-I feel like I'm making a big change by removing the lightning bolt from the helmet, but I wanted to give Air Force a classy uniform that still has some modern bite. I added in a new color/finish that I will define as "wing metal". Kind of like gun metal...but it's supposed to give the finish of an air craft. I also added in the Air Force logo on the sleeves and on the back of the helmet. The pants insert mocks the pieces in the Air Force logo. There's really not much more to say about the design. It's simple, fresh, and focused. I figure a logo with wings holds more leverage for a team called the Falcons than a lightning bolt.

AirForceone.png

AirForcetwo.png

For Air Force I'd minimize the use of the wings logo, that's for the service itself and not the school. Maybe as a shoulder patch only. And the lightning bolt needs to be there somewhere as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

**Georgia Update**

-Here's an update for the Dawgs. Everything follows the same striping pattern on the pants and jerseys! Time to move onto some FCS schools. They'll be posted by the AM. AM is brain and creativity time for me. I'm still going to tweak Air Force and Kennesaw State too, and need to make some error fixes on the SDSU presentation, but for now I'm going to keep the ball rolling. I'm feeling good about all of the other posts. Just to let the cat out of the bag, I completed Mizzou and Florida today...but I'm going to post those later on.

UGAone.png

UGAthree.png

UGAtwo.png

I'd love to see what you could do with The Citadel (a red alternate would be awesome cause the battle flag of the school is a red version of the SC state flag).

Also, I grew up in east Cobb and know a bunch of people who either went or currently go to Kennesaw. we probably know a bunch of the same people.

10) Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky)

-Montana is one of the few FCS schools that has worn a Nike Pro Combat "Special Game" uniform, which kind of introduced a new identity for them. Black has become a more prominent color, but may not have been used as well as it could be with the current color scheme. All in all, the color scheme of maroon, deep grey, and black is one I had fun tinkering with. The first order of business was to get rid of the goofy "Griz" script and replace it with the Grizzly paw logo. The UM logo goes on the collar, and the grizzly paw logo is also sublimated into the shoulders. I actually got some inspiration for this concept from a photoshop job I saw of Oregon's uniforms that were worn in the LSU game in the fall...it was changed to look like an all black uniform for Montana. You will see an all black uniform here too. Don't cringe. Modern, modern, modern, is the idea here.

Grizone.png

Griztwo.png

Grizthree.png

Montana: Perfect. Just, perfect. Not really a fan of the black helmet, but other that that, it's perfect.

Georgia update: Real perfection. This is what they should be wearing now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Montana: Perfect. Just, perfect. Not really a fan of the black helmet, but other that that, it's perfect.

Thanks for the feedback, Spleen. Flattered with four perfects in one comment. Let me see if I can please you with an Oregon concept in a day or two.

Great work so far Brave-Bird. You are a prime example of what it means to put out a nice, clean, thought out concept. People could learn a thing or too from you. Keep up the work man. Can't see what else you have in store.

So far my favorite is Montana. It's definitely a look I could see hitting the field. The only change I would make, and a small on at that, is moving the paw to the back like they wore on halloween. I just think single logos are a cool design element that breaks the traditional mold. I really liked when Oregon did it in the Vegas Bowl and in the Rose Bowl. I think some designs are way cooler. 5/5 stars though!

Like I said, great stuff so far. Keep it up bud

Thanks for the feedback, Spleen. Flattered with four perfects in one comment. Let me see if I can please you with an Oregon concept in a day or two.

Ok. Be warned, when it comes to Oregon conepts, I'm tough to please. B)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

10) Montana Grizzlies (Big Sky)

-Montana is one of the few FCS schools that has worn a Nike Pro Combat "Special Game" uniform, which kind of introduced a new identity for them. Black has become a more prominent color, but may not have been used as well as it could be with the current color scheme. All in all, the color scheme of maroon, deep grey, and black is one I had fun tinkering with. The first order of business was to get rid of the goofy "Griz" script and replace it with the Grizzly paw logo. The UM logo goes on the collar, and the grizzly paw logo is also sublimated into the shoulders. I actually got some inspiration for this concept from a photoshop job I saw of Oregon's uniforms that were worn in the LSU game in the fall...it was changed to look like an all black uniform for Montana. You will see an all black uniform here too. Don't cringe. Modern, modern, modern, is the idea here.

Grizone.png

Griztwo.png

Grizthree.png

That's really cool love that colour combo but I agree with Wyopokes that an over sized claw on the back would look awesome :)

Georgia is perfect now. Good job cleaning up those stripes.

Montana looks really nice. While I was kind of a fan of the "Griz" script, the paw looks good. I agree with the others that it would be cool to see a giant paw on the back, maybe with numbers on the sides? As for the unis, it's a clean, modern design that isn't overdone, something hard to come by with Nike these days. Good work.

Archived