Random MLB Tweaks

Lights Out

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're all fantastic, esp the Mets and the White Sox.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My only suggestion would be to make the road scripts and numbers on the White Sox black with a white outline. Otherwise, all of these are perfect. Especially the NYM road script, that script is a thing of beauty.

Lights Out, you can do no wrong in my book when it comes to uniform concepts.

These are all top-notch! All improvement imo especially the mets. That New York script is a thing of beauty. It matches the style and flow of the current Mets script perfectly.

My one suggestion would be to make the wordmark, numbers, and name on back of the 'Sox road jersey black rather than white. The number font surprisingly doesn't look out of place at all but I can't for the life of me figure out why you would make white socks with that set :P

2043050vl19qK6.gif

That Mets road uniform looks terrific. And I like the White Sox uniforms also. I agree with others said: Make the "Chicago" and the number font black with a white outline. It'll look better that way.

I really like the Old English look for the White Sox road uniforms (and I do like the white lettering with black outline), but I don't like the numbers. The numbers look overdone. That's a look that could go with regular block numbers.

I like the ChiSox tweak, but I can't stand that number font. All the others look great though.

Agreed. Just change the font and it's great.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You should do the whole league! Nice set of concepts, especially Pittsburgh. Not feeling Cincinnati too much, I think there isn't enough cintrast on the jersey, but the others look great.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Not digging the Cubs or the Pirates. I don't think the Pirates need red, and that Chicago wordmark is a bit awkward.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

New York: Perfect. The New York script is something that the Mets should really consider

Philadelphia: I like the addition of the Philadelphia road script and the blue star, but the blue brim is too much.

San Francisco: Good

Chicago White Sox: Very creative and fun to look at. You made the White Sox very unique with the old English script and it better matches the hat logo

Chicago Cubs: I think having one letter red and the rest of the script blue looks weird, but I'm not sure how to change that becuase a blue bear on top of a blue letter won't work

Pittsburgh: Everyone is always trying to get rid of red but you showed that it can work. The Pittsburgh script on the away is nice too

Cincinnati: Cincinatti is very simple. After all the cool ideas you've had in this series so far, I think you can come up with something a little more creative

Miami: Perfect

Overall, you have some really great tweaks here and most MLB teams could use your tweaks. I think you should definitely continue with this series. Good luck

The stripes on the Marlins home pants are unnecessary and they clash with the pinstripes on the pants. You may want to consider dropping those. I like the rest of the concept though.

I'm not really feeling the Cubs. The home would work better for one of their farm teams. The road isn't too shabby. Also, having the walking bear logo twice on each jersey is redundant.

The Pirates don't need red and I don't like that cap at all. Drop the red and use the classic cap, and you got a winner.

The Reds are very simple and all I can really say is that I like it.

Mariners and Orioles look great. Twins gave me a little bit of a jolt at first, but I actually like the scheme. Only complaints on the Twins are the new cap logo, which IMO is a downgrade on the current, and mainly on the road jersey, the gold outlines look a little too "glowy" IMO. Rangers looks good, but I think it needs blue as an accent color, road jersey looks too Phillies. Great job on these concepts so far!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived