Random MLB Tweaks

Lights Out

Awesome job man I like everyone exept the Twinkies and the Dbacks. For the Twins I would continue to use red,blue and the Dbacks are a little to "Out of this World" for me, but other then that great job!

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's funny? You and I disagree on football almost 90% of the time, but here I'm pretty much in lock step with you on baseball. There might be one or two I'd pass on, but I'm in such agreement with the majority, that if it were possible to wave a magic wand and implement the whole batch, I'd probably do it.

(Although that wrap around snake... man, you are obsessed with it! :P You can hardly call that a tweek!)

Dodgers- I'm not big on the modified scripts, they don't look right. I also don't like the road cap.

Padres- Looks nice. I'm not sure if it's my monitor, but the brown looks like olive green.

Rays- Pretty good, nice to see the green back.

Rockies- Man, I'm surprised by how much I like that. Nice!

I just found a couple more of these that I forgot to post:

IQ88x.png

VIYCC.png

I also made a logo and jerseys for next year's All-Star Game:

tGKnf.png

I'll finish up the rest of the league before I go back to my college football series.

I think someone should submit that MLB All-Star game logo to MLB.

mcbqza.jpg

I love those D-backs jerseys... if not as a primary home and road, definitely an alternate. I wish more teams would do stuff like that. When everyone just does the safe and traditional jersey designs it makes everything boring

It's rare to see a baseball team with sleeves like that on the Rockies, reminds me of the shorts on the old Suns,and Jazz. The Snake around the jersey was too much, but I liked the pants stripe.

Brewers look awesome in green, never woulda thought of that myself. Indians, though, are quietly one of your best concepts yet. Simple and clear-cut, but fits with the brand and that cream home jersey looks superb. Nice job!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

These are all AWESOME!!!

Actually, I have a few nitpicks:

-The Dodgers' road, Houston's, and Pittsburgh's bill.

-Miami's uniform are a tad too bland when comparing them to the ballpark they play in, though I LOVE that teal is the primary color in the identity.

-The shade of purple on the Twins is too bright.

-Why didn't you keep the "Portland" Rays scripts when you tweaked them back to Tampa Bay???

But still, these are all AWESOME!!!

P.S. Would you mind if I copy your Brewers' color scheme for a future concept?

P.P.S. Where did you get this template? (You don't have to share if you don't want to.)

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

I might as well give my C&C for all of them.

Mets: Homes look fine, I'm not sure about the road script. There have been other New York road scripts on these boards that seemed to match the Mets script better.

Phillies: I would go with a plain red cap at home because two-tone caps don't look good with pinstripes IMO.

Giants: I would drop gold from their set, and I'm not a fan of that sleeve patch.

White Sox: Really not feeling the number and road font. I think their current home and road with white socks would be the ideal look.

Cubs: Love it.

Pirates: To me, the Pirates current set is near perfect and this concept goes in a direction that I'm not really a fan of.

Reds: With their current number font, it would be perfect.

Marlins: Fantastic. Easily the best concept in this series, and exactly what the Marlins should look like.

Mariners: I like the piping pattern on the pants. I would stick with a teal brim on the road, though.

Orioles: perfect

Rangers: Looks fine.

Twins: Never been a fan of purple and yellow for the Twins. I also don't like that number font. Your concept in the current colors would look great, though.

Angels: Caps look nice, belt should be either blue or red, and the Los Angeles on the roads looks forced. Go with either Anaheim or Angels.

Athletics: Not a fan of the number font and I think the socks would look better if they were primarily green.

Red Sox: This set looks really dated IMO.

Tigers: I've never been a fan of that logo. I do like the socks though.

Blue Jays: Great. I'd love to see them add a powder blue alternate like that.

Diamondbacks: Not a fan.

Royals: Nice use of the crown logo. Looks good.

Yankees: Grey on the road cap is unnecessary, but other than that it looks great.

Dodgers: Using these scripts seems like a pointless change and a definite downgrade. The road cap is also unnecessary and does not look good.

Padres: I like it. Make the belt brown though.

All-Star Uniforms: Very nice. I hope the actual uniforms look something like this. Logo looks amazing.

Rays: Glad to see them back in green. Make the belt green though.

Rockies: Love it.

Braves: Red and yellow could maybe work if you inverted it on the scripts, but as it's used right now it looks awful,

especially on grey, and barely shows up. Huge downgrade.

Astros: Love it.

Indians: Drop the white outline around the road script, make the placket and pants piping for both jerseys match, and then it would look great.

Brewers: Looks great. Once again though, a green belt would look better than black.

Cardinals: Perfect

Nationals: Really not feeling that color scheme or the number font

Overall this was a very good series. I know you like to make your concepts outside the box and some of the ideas I really enjoyed.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Overall an extremely well-done and solid MLB series. I'm not really feeling the Nationals color scheme, and your Rays update is a major downgrade IMO, I liked your previous version alot. Glad to see you got rid of the navy cap for St. Louis. Overall, great job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived