The Cleveland Browns Project

rtrich11

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still holding out for 1C, but 3C is the best of that batch.

I agree, 2b is cool too, but as another poster mentioned I'd ditch the branches.

I always love it when someone takes on the brownies. The fact that Browns purist haven't ripped you at all is a huge compliment to your approach. Nice Work.

Thanks. I am waiting for the wrath, though. Still, I'm trying to please the Browns nation by keeping it simple and not too "out there."

Still holding out for 1C, but 3C is the best of that batch.

I agree, 2b is cool too, but as another poster mentioned I'd ditch the branches.

I always love it when someone takes on the brownies. The fact that Browns purist haven't ripped you at all is a huge compliment to your approach. Nice Work.

Thanks. I am waiting for the wrath, though. Still, I'm trying to please the Browns nation by keeping it simple and not too "out there."

As a Browns fan, I can say that I like a lot of these logos, but only as part of a graphics package, and not as a helmet logo. That being said, great job, and 4c is definitely the best of the bunch so far.

I wanted to give my thoughts on what has been a great process thus far. And as a Cleveland Browns fan, this interests me particularly.

The choice of the helmet strip is a great and classic somewhat faux-identity of the Browns to build off of. I've always considered the most recognizable identity of the Browns to be their helmet, just as many have, and while many make fun of the fact that the Browns don't have a logo, and just "use their helmet", sadly a retro-identity trend which has gone by the wayside with new marketing schemes of the ages, and if there was any part of the helmet to build a future, solid identity around, its their helmet strip.

As for the first three, I love where you started off and the angling and placement of the strip in the first two, but I thought 1C had potential had you drop the white outline around the outlying edges and perhaps trying to angle the strip both straight down in one while how it is in 1A and 1B in a potential 1D. But I know you aren't coming back to this so I'd go with...

1B

Your next line is very interesting, but there's no way those in any form in itself could represent the Cleveland Browns, realistically, at any point in the future. The branches on the outlying are interesting, but very...foreign to American sports identities. But with what you had, the best looking would have to be...

2A

Set C with the Circle logos look decent. I, for one, like the idea of bringing an Old English 'C' into the identity of the Cleveland Browns. Old English letters serve well to represent American sports franchises, mostly seen in Major League Baseball while attempted for a short time with an old English 'C' serving a part of the identity of the old Cleveland Barons hockey franchise. It's a look that hasn't found it's way much outside of baseball, but works well with the traditional feel brought about by Cleveland's current identity, history of success in the way-past, and commitment of the Cleveland fan base. Plus, no team really have seemed to jump on the old English letter trend, outside of Major League Baseball, and Cleveland provides the perfect opportunity to, as they say, "go there". I just wish you moved the striping down to the left bottom corner a teenytiny bit more, while giving a brown outline to the 'C', or perhaps turning it straight brown on a contrasting orange background. 3B and 3C are decent, but with more work done on it, I would give my vote to...

3A

Once again here, I'm in love with the old English 'C', as many posters before, sadly, are not :( This set appears to be your best so far; as 4A and 4C are both excellent, but for me the logos are just as generic as giving the Browns are modernized helmet logo with bold outlines and powerful colors. 4C is better than 4A in my opinion, since it uses their current wordmark, but both still just don't, for me, give the Browns an identity. My vote goes for...

4B

And I hope you read this and still consider using the old English 'C' as a potential mark of identity for the Browns, given my arguments made in the paragraph between my votes for 2A and 3A!

But I'm excited to see where this goes! I even took the time to sketch your 1B concept in my sketchbook, I'd really like to color it in and upload to show you how awesome it looks on paper! Keep up the great work and finish strong!

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I've read your comments and took little tallies of your favorites, but now will test the ones y'all liked best. I Photoshopped them on to merchandise to see if they do the job. The one disadvantage is that the other NFL logos will look familiar to you on this stuff, while these may look weird, a little bit because they are new. As always, tell me what you think.

BrownsRichardsWeb_merch.jpg

This is a good thread. All the designs are solid, but I'm going to go back to your original post with just the C-striped logos, because I think those are the best match for the real Browns if they ever ever were to use a logo (although I hope the never go with a helmet logo).

I wish you created a version with the vertical stripe (like 1C) but on a C that doesn't have a 3D backdrop. Anything 3D is too "flashy" for the Browns even if it's not really all that flashy. So if you put that vertical stripe and thin white outline on a C shaped liked 1A (but I understand it'd have to be a bit wider to fit), it'd be perfect for the Browns.

Jaha (John Hahn), I will try that version of the C with no drop shadow. It was mentioned a time or two in the thread before you did. One thing I was wondering about it how you felt about the line weights on my C designs, especially 1C. The thicker, bolder I got with them, the more it started to look like a block on a dark background. Well, I'll probably just post a few versions to show.

Archived