NBA Rookies, Tradees and Free Agents in new unis

Andrew Bynum will wear #33 for the Sixers.

EDIT: nevermind, I don't know how credible the source for that was.

Confirmed, he's switching to #33 for anyone who cares.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

terry%2B4.jpg

From Jason Terry's Twitter. Switching to #4 with Boston.

What's with the black outline around the 4?

It's green. Just looks like that because of the way the picture was taken/Instagrammed.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Random thought of the day...

Do you guys think KG will have his number retired by the Celts? I mean if he played on any average team, it would be retired no question (had he stayed longer in Minnesota for example). But the Celts obviously have a higher standard. What do you guys think?

I think so. I also think Allen will have his number retired, too.

spacer.png

terry%2B4.jpg

From Jason Terry's Twitter. Switching to #4 with Boston.

correct me if i'm wrong, but 3+1 = 4

jet's typical 31 is retired by cedric maxwell,, bruh

That's my assumption as well. They're running out of numbers there in Boston. I believe Jason Collins is going with #98 or so?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Awesome. 33 is a good number for a center, and I feel like Bynum is on his way to being a great one.

Not the thread for this, but I feel really good about Bynum coming to the East. I think he's going to do a lot for that franchise and 33 is a nice, iconic number for a franchise center.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think Kareem really did influence him.

Awesome. 33 is a good number for a center, and I feel like Bynum is on his way to being a great one.

Not the thread for this, but I feel really good about Bynum coming to the East. I think he's going to do a lot for that franchise and 33 is a nice, iconic number for a franchise center.

lalakers_sig.png

Kareem might have had an influence on him for picking #33, but it also happens to be his High School number. I believe he picked #17 with LA was because he was the youngest NBA player to play in the league at 17?

bynumbattles.jpg

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

According to @SixersCEOAdam, he made it a point to specifically request 33. I think it's cool because #32 and #34 are retired, so that's a good neighborhood to be in for someone who's supposed to be a really good player. It'd look bad for some dufus to be wearing that number. Also, like you said, it's the quintessential center number. He can't have 32 or 34, and 35 is just an ugly basketball number (kind of an ugly number all together.) 30 and 31 just don't work either IMO. 50 and 55 are becoming better center numbers, but they're not as classic as 33.

Off topic (sort of) I thought it was cool that the Phillies had 32 and 36 retired for HOF pitchers, and now have Cliff Lee wearing 33, Halladay wearing 34, and Hamels wearing 35. If they each made the HOF, the team would have every number from 32-36 retired. Unfortunately, Cliff Lee ended up being a sack of dung, Hamels still has far to go, and Halladay really hasn't been here long enough yet.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do you guys think KG will have his number retired by the Celts? I mean if he played on any average team, it would be retired no question (had he stayed longer in Minnesota for example). But the Celts obviously have a higher standard. What do you guys think?

The Celtics actually retire numbers very generously IMO.

The Celtics actually retire numbers very generously IMO.

Garnett, IMO will have his number retired in two cities. I feel Minny will give him that respect, and the fans will be clamoring for it. Also, nobody has worn it since him, so why not retire it? And he has done enough "here" in Boston to deserve consideration at least. Changing the attitude of the club, bring a title, going to the Finals one year, and the ECF another year. I see 21 gone in Minny, and 5 gone in Boston.

Garnett will without a doubt have his number retired in Minnesota. By the end of his career it will be about 50/50 for where he spent his time so he'll probably get it retired both places. But he's the biggest star the Timberwolves have ever had and was dominant there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived