2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Not to pile on Atlanta here but good God...this is one of the worst-written articles I've ever seen in any publication much less a major city newspaper. A few highlights:

===

The defense, featuring a three-safety look on third down, forced a three-and-out as safety Thomas DeCoud, playing the linebacker role, swatted down a pass intended for Vernon Davis on third down.

===

===

The 49ers were back in business after Ryan threw an inception to Chris Culliver.

===

===

The Falcons had a promising drive down going when they have moved down to San Francisco's 28 yard line.

===

Huh? Must have been an open bar in the press box.

Wow. That's pretty bad. I mean, I get having some bias towards the Falcons, but this takes it a bit over the top. Calling a Falcons win a "miracle comeback" is a laughable stretch, especially when they had a 17 point lead.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray Lewis was once under investigation for possibly killing two people, and he quotes the Bible without anyone in the mainstream media seeing the irony. Jay Cutler doesn't say hi to the guy working attendance at the parking garage at Soldier Field and is thus revealed to be the scum of humanity.

I never got the hate for Jay Cutler, even as a Bronco fan. I felt he got the short end of the stick in that whole McDaniels situation. Sure he is a little immature, sure he comes off as a jerk, sure he doesn't win as much as people think he should, but he is still a good QB.

I guess when you win people forget about the murder charges, and when you lose everyone remembers the one guy you were mean to.

jNTsTyQ.png

I don't know how Cutler was somehow wrong for getting pissed off that an incoming head coach wanted to bring his guy in, and clearly only envisioned Cutler as the break-glass guy, the one he'd be "stuck" with if all else went wrong.

As far as ESPN goes, you can thank their resident Mr. Bronco for leading the anti-Cutler brigade, including the bit about not saying hello to the Soldier Field worker. How Tom Jackson even felt like that was a relevant thing to make note of is beyond me.

spacer.png

May have been posted already, but Terrell Suggs wasn't pulling any punches in postgame when asked about New England:

Terrell Suggs: "These are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with Belichick on down."
Suggs: "Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant F---ers."
Suggs: "That's funny, ever since SpyGate they haven't been able to win."
Suggs has calmed down: "All BS aside they are a hell of a ball club ... They have the right to be arrogant."

The Patriots haven't been able to "win", Mr. Suggs? If I remember correctly, the New England Patriots beat your Baltimore Ravens last season. If that's not a "win" then your performance last night wasn't a "win", either.

Win graciously or GTFO. You never downplay your opponent, even after beating them. Makes you look like a tool and makes your "win" look that more weak.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Win graciously or GTFO. You never downplay your opponent, even after beating them. Makes you look like a tool and makes your "win" look that more weak.

True, but how ironic that this came against the Patriots, the most ungracious and poor-sport team in the NFL.

When the Patriots lose, their wives help do their whining for them (see Brady, Tom; Welker, Wes).

That said, it wasn't the best display from Suggs, but he has been known to be a little off color from time to time (see Bayless, Skip).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm sorry, but in what sense are the Patriots "ungracious" or "arrogant"?

You never hear Patriots players talking s--- about other players or other teams. Welker make jokes at Rex Ryan's expense and gets benched for an entire drive in a playoff game. Did you ever see an press conference a week before a game against someone like Arizona or Cleveland? He talks about them like he was scheming against the freak Steelers.

Yes, Belichick blew off an on-field interview... and that rankles, but Harbaugh did the EXACT SAME THING LAST YEAR. Shannon Sharpe didn't have s--- to say about that, did he?

You never hear Patriots players talking s--- about other players or other teams.

Also, Belichick does this every single time he loses a big game, all the way back to at least the 2006 AFCCG where he was a poutypants because the Colts won.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You never hear Patriots players talking s--- about other players or other teams. Welker make jokes at Rex Ryan's expense and gets benched for an entire drive in a playoff game. Did you ever see an press conference a week before a game against someone like Arizona or Cleveland? He talks about them like he was scheming against the freak Steelers.

Yes, Belichick blew off an on-field interview... and that rankles, but Harbaugh did the EXACT SAME THING LAST YEAR. Shannon Sharpe didn't have s--- to say about that, did he?

The Patriots just dance on opposing team's 50 yard line logos like they did in 2006 at San Diego.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug17-hRH5e8&NR=1

Storming off the field and refusing to talk to the media or shake hands after a loss, for starters. Nobody in the NFL likes to lose, but most coaches realize that they're expected to be classy in defeat. Not Belichick, though. :rolleyes:

You never hear Patriots players talking s--- about other players or other teams.

Really?

http://www.inquisitr...unning-victory/

After picking off Brady with 4:52 left in the third quarter, Sherman said the quarterback told him and safety Earl Thomas to ” see him after the game when they win.”

http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.345745

“We’re only going to score 17 points?” Brady said Wednesday morning before chuckling. “OK. Is Plax playing defense?

“I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for more points.”

http://espn.go.com/b...suggs-bad-blood

Brady didn't sound too amused when he responded the next morning. “Well, he had his chance so maybe if he gets another chance he can try to back those words up," Brady said. "We play those guys a lot and they’ve only beat us once ... they talk a lot for only beating us once in nine years.”

Et cetera.

Belichick is a repeat offender.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived