2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Falcons kicked the winning FG yesterday, Mr. Buttoned Down Nice Guy Matt Ryan was shown on the sidelines screaming "F*** you, motherf***ers!" at the Panthers. Guess he wants it known what a tough guy he is.

matty-ryan-9-30-12.gif]

Good on him, too. If I helped win a game after starting the final drive on my own 1-yard line after coming a fumble away from losing, I'd cuss up a storm too.

Hell, if I was in the NFL I'd probably cuss up a storm. Most of these guys in the league are beautifully fluent in profanity. It's football.

After the Falcons kicked the winning FG yesterday, Mr. Buttoned Down Nice Guy Matt Ryan was shown on the sidelines screaming "F*** you, motherf***ers!" at the Panthers. Guess he wants it known what a tough guy he is.

matty-ryan-9-30-12.gif]

Good on him, too. If I helped win a game after starting the final drive on my own 1-yard line after coming a fumble away from losing, I'd cuss up a storm too.

Hell, if I was in the NFL I'd probably cuss up a storm. Most of these guys in the league are beautifully fluent in profanity. It's football.

Except Brees.

Brees would never utter a profanity.

As usual, we have a herd of point missers. As I said in the original post on this, what I found worthy of mention was that Ryan's outburst was not in character with the goody-two-shoes images he projects. It wasn't that he did something wrong, or that trash talking or cussing is new, or that Brees wouldn't do it blah blah blah blah blah. Simply that it was at odds with the Matt Ryan we see 99.9% of the time.

Maybe his new-found bravado will help the Falcons keep their undies dry in the playoffs. <_<

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Chiefs offense(mostly Cassel) is an absolute trainwreck right now. Every time they do something good, they commit a penalty or give the ball away. Also Weeden did the bozo play of the year with him attempting 2 passes on the same play.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Bears/Jags in a 3-3 barn burner down in hot-ass Florida. Pretty remarkable just how abysmal the Bears offense is today, total 180 from their efficient game in Dallas.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bears/Jags in a 3-3 barn burner down in hot-ass Florida. Pretty remarkable just how abysmal the Bears offense is today, total 180 from their efficient game in Dallas.

Fortunately for you it's been the Brandon Marshall and Charles Tillman show in the 2nd half, your up by 10.

The 49ers are using big plays to batter the Bills so far. We should keep this up.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

The Packers just crapped the bed in Indy. Referee screw jobs or not, something is not right with the Green Bay this year.

The Packers were simply outcoached... who the f*** abandons the run with an 18-point lead?!? :cursing:

Bears checked the schedule at halftime, realized they're playing the Jaguars, and subsequently put up 31 points and counting in 1 quarter.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just an assault on the Bills today: 300 yards passing + 300 yards rushing. 622 total yards for the Niners, a franchise record. It's so nice that my expectations for this team are high again after a long dreadful strech.

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

Just an assault on the Bills today: 300 yards passing + 300 yards rushing. 622 total yards for the Niners, a franchise record. It's so nice that my expectations for this team are high again after a long dreadful strech.

That's two good wins in a row for the Niners and two terrible losses for the Bills.

2-3 isn't cause for panic, but getting pretty close. I think the Bills did a lot to beat themselves against the Pats, but they were slaughtered out there today.

Ugh. At least they look good.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It wasn't pretty, but Seattle won for the first time in Carolina.

3-2 is nice at this point. Seems weird that it is dead last in the NFC West (St. Louis is also 3-2, but they have the head-to-head tiebreaker), but hey... Not like they aren't out of it yet.

Cutler reminds me of this guy in many ways...

That's Jeff George for those too young to remember him. "Petulant" is not a word used to describe successful NFL QBs.

I'm old enough to remember Jeff George. Comparing Jay Cutler to Jeff George is way off the mark. Jeff George was just a bad QB with a bad attitude and no heart. Jay Cutler may be a bit too aloof or a bit too whatever for our tastes, but he's a helluva lot better player than Jeff George ever was. I think Cutler gets far more :censored: than he deserves.

Tory Aikman's stats

32942 Yards

165 TD's

141 INT's

Jeff George's stats

27602 Yards

154 TD's

113 INT's

One guy is in the Hall the other has no shot. Not saying George was/is better then Aikman. I don't think he is, but for a guy that was a slam dunk Hall of Famer and another who is considered to be a bust, I don't see alot of difference numbers wise. I agree George had a terrible attitude. There was a reason he played for five different teams in his NFL career, but I don't think he was a bad QB by means. I also think the compairison is fair. I don't think the Broncos have regretted letting him go for one second. I'd say both have been above average starters with cannon arms, but zero leadership ability.

There's way more to it than just numbers, boss. There always is. Your books and stat sheets can't convey the difference between Aikman and George.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived