Penn State considering uniform overhaul

kajeet

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I overstating it if I say that a change to their uniforms would be monumental?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think we'll see uniform changes as early as next year. The oval lion logo looks like it was designed got a football helmet and would look great. I'm not sure how much if a change we'll see to the jerseys, but I'm fine with little to no change our an overhaul. If they do change I'm gonna miss the jerseys (2010 and back.) The blue and white contrasted so well together and were perfect for their simple design.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think so Chawls, Penn State's uniforms are considered to be one of the most classic and iconic looks in college football, as plain as they are. Right up there with USC, Notre Dame, Texas, schools like that. They need a change after this scandal, but the act of changing the uniforms will be monumental indeed.

Bill O'Brien said today at the B1G media day, in response to a question about the uniforms, that there's been a lot of talk about changes as they enter a new era, a lot of changes actually made, and that some changes will just have to wait until Sept. 1 to be seen.

It implies to me that something will change, but the scale of that change could be anything.

I find that in college sports, we get the idea that uniforms are so traditional and will never be touched and all that. And then the schools get a wink and a nudge from their manufacturer and you get Duke adding black in basketball and Michigan going ape :censored: on their road uniforms, and after a couple years you don't even think twice about it.

Now, in this case, Nike wouldn't be the driving force, but I think the idea is the same. We'd freak out and analyze it at first (well, WE would do that anyways), and then after a couple years it would just be normal that they look different now.

Bill O'Brien said today at the B1G media day, in response to a question about the uniforms, that there's been a lot of talk about changes as they enter a new era, a lot of changes actually made, and that some changes will just have to wait until Sept. 1 to be seen.

It implies to me that something will change, but the scale of that change could be anything.

I could easily see them adding names to the back of the jerseys in time for this year. Helmet decals are another possibility that I'd say is a little less likely but still possible. Either way,I think it's good to see the program move away from the uniforms that are synonymous with Paterno.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No just no some uniforms just aren't meant to change, like Texas, Alabama, Michigan(their primary not the under the lights),oklahoma. These jerseys are iconic they haven't changed since their creation it's like when we were kids there must be something that was old but iconic to us(ie a build/restaurant) and if it got torn down we would be sad. Somethings just aren't meant to change even if something as bad as the Sandusky scandal happened

Archived