College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New court for Ohio State

305389_532361290121225_1641041089_n.jpg

I hope Ohio State pays the designers at the Illinois and Michigan athletic departments something for designing their court. They ripped off major elements from both schools' new floors.

The stained state outline started in Texas. A&M had a huge state outline long before Illinois had it. Funny how you're not suggesting Illinois should pay the fine folks in College Station.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New court for Ohio State

I hope Ohio State pays the designers at the Illinois and Michigan athletic departments something for designing their court. They ripped off major elements from both schools' new floors.

The stained state outline started in Texas. A&M had a huge state outline long before Illinois had it. Funny how you're not suggesting Illinois should pay the fine folks in College Station.

I know they had it first. Texas A&M has much more contrast between the light and dark wood. My problem with Ohio St. is they took design elements from two schools in their own conference and used the exact same shades for the light and dark shades as Illinois. If they weren't in the same conference I wouldn't care.

New court for Ohio State

I know they had it first. Texas A&M has much more contrast between the light and dark wood. My problem with Ohio St. is they took design elements from two schools in their own conference and used the exact same shades for the light and dark shades as Illinois. If they weren't in the same conference I wouldn't care.

I don't care if they're in the same conference. Seems extremely petty and you're assuming the athletic departments actually designed the floors. Smart money says a design firm designed these floors, then they got approval and cash from the universities, and then the painting began...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

New court for Ohio State

I don't care if they're in the same conference. Seems extremely petty and you're assuming the athletic departments actually designed the floors. Smart money says a design firm designed these floors, then they got approval and cash from the universities, and then the painting began...

It's just a court pattern, basketball will be played.

New court for Ohio State

I don't know who designed Ohio State's, but I know for a fact the designers at the Illinois athletic department designed their floor.

New court for Ohio State

I don't think happening to use the same generic font on their baselines as Michigan constitutes ripping them off.

New court for Ohio State

I don't think happening to use the same generic font on their baselines as Michigan constitutes ripping them off.

I was referring to how and where the B1G logo was applied. That doesn't bother me as much as half court.

With Vanderbilt's change, does this mark the death of the circus font? Kansas ditched to become all-Trajan, all-the-time.

Aside from the Commodores, Illinois State also used it last season - anyone else?

7324024-WIR-APTOPIX-MVC-N-Iowa-Illinois-St-Basketball-03_02_2012-16.22.24.jpg

Does anyone know the official name of this font (or a good approximation of it)?

New court for Ohio State

I don't know who designed Ohio State's, but I know for a fact the designers at the Illinois athletic department designed their floor.

If you don't believe him, just click that handy little link at the bottom of my signature...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

New court for Ohio State

If you don't believe him, just click that handy little link at the bottom of my signature...

I knew you helped design it will. I didn't say that because I wasn't sure if you had announced on here that you worked for the U of I.

Holy Motion-W overkill, Batman! But at least Milwaukee no longer has the ugliest uniforms in the state. :D

And at least I'll be able to enjoy Wright State's unis as I watch them clobber us.

Holy Motion-W overkill, Batman! But at least Milwaukee no longer has the ugliest uniforms in the state. :D

And at least I'll be able to enjoy Wright State's unis as I watch them clobber us.

Right?...

Is it bad I think Adidas didn't do enough with Wisky's uni?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived