The Matchups We Should Have Seen

Lights Out

Isn't this essentially one big wish list?

It's not even a wish list. Who in their right mind wants to see the 49ers burgunday and black uniforms again??

I still say that was the best they ever looked.

It's not even a wish list. Who in their right mind wants to see the 49ers burgundy and black uniforms again??

Me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Pretty much. Most NFL uniforms suck nowadays, and since I didn't want to rip off Infrared's "top uniform matchups" schtick, I decided to do this instead as a "what could have been" thing.

You didn't rip off the other thread, don't worry about that; you made a thread where you posted a bunch of pictures with no reason for why they should be seen. To borrow a term from infrared, that's a "rookie" move, son.

Well, this was a bust. Onward and upward I guess.

Lights Out, the only people who like those orange Bears jerseys are you and really fat people.

Maybe so, but the orange jerseys still pop on the field in comparison to those dull, boring navy jerseys.

Ah, another "I liked these old jerseys with sleeves" thread, nice.

Actually, I hate long sleeves, I just like the designs here. Obviously they'd all be on modern templates nowadays.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's not even a wish list. Who in their right mind wants to see the 49ers burgunday and black uniforms again??

I would mainly because of the red mask and an overhaul better look.

spacer.png

I still say that was the best they ever looked.

This. Easily better than these clownsuits...

Patrick-Willis1-239x300.jpg

Gray facemask? Cut-off stripes? Weird khaki color instead of a rich metallic gold? Remind me again why people like these (or the "classic" uniforms they were based on, for that matter)?

Also, the burgundy color looked better than their current shade of red, IMO. I don't dislike the shade of red they wear now, but burgundy was more distinctive and looked really good with gold.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

This. Easily better than these clownsuits...

Patrick-Willis1-239x300.jpg

Gray facemask? Cut-off stripes? Weird khaki color instead of a rich metallic gold? Remind me again why people like these (or the "classic" uniforms they were based on, for that matter)?

Also, the burgundy color looked better than their current shade of red, IMO. I don't dislike the shade of red they wear now, but burgundy was more distinctive and looked really good with gold.

I am indifferent to the gray facemasks. It is a nod to tradition and has a strange but striking balance with the gold helmet. The sleeve stripes are inexcusable and should be changed. The sleeve stripes on the last set were pure garbage, with drop shadows and a logo in the middle. The metallic gold pants are a moot point now since Nike told all teams they have to wear matte pants to be "kewl", but I put them there with the gray facemasks. It's what they did traditionally. It looks peculiar, but still good for them. The burgundy looked like trash. They went away from a color scheme which no other pro or major college teams wore (after owning those colors and winning five championships) to wear colors that most football fans would always associate with Boston College or Florida State. The picture above is a powerful, unique and vibrant uniform. The last set was overstriped garbage, following the trend of the last 15 years of "let's make our colors darker for no reason just to muddle the look." Not only did they make the red darker, they added black, making the uniform even drearier. To make things worse, they eliminated all white striping from the pants and helmets.

In conclusion, the last set sucked. This above is, more or less, what the 49ers should look like forever. Red facemasks and metallic gold pants would be gravy, and the sleeve stripes need to be fixed. However, even in the current state, it is still in 49ers colors and still far better than the dreary mess they used to wear.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived