NHL 13

CSSdesigns

Noticed the Madden thread, so i made a NHL one. I haven't played it yet(getting it on Sunday), but according to many reviews, the goalies are almost unstoppable, the skating takes getting used to, and the shooting is much more accurate. No more NHL 12 easy peasy goals, fellas!

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this discussion is about the gameplay, then it should be moved to the lounge.

Anyway, I like the new shooting, and I like how you actually have to earn your goals (no more 14-0 wins) :P. I also agree the new skating will take some getting used to. Overall, I really like the game so far.

Well, its suppossed to be about both gameplay and errors like the madden thread. Haven't heard about any errors yet, thats why i posted this.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

Noticed the Madden thread, so i made a NHL one. I haven't played it yet(getting it on Sunday), but according to many reviews, the goalies are almost unstoppable, the skating takes getting used to, and the shooting is much more accurate. No more NHL 12 easy peasy goals, fellas!

Until the online geeks play the :censored: out of the game and exploit easy goals, then put it on youtube, then it trickles down to the everyday player.

Looking at a YouTube video that shows the jerseys, there hasn't been many (if any) jerseys added from last year's game. A lot of missing uniforms that I wish they'd put in.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love that Phoenix has a Winnipeg throwback!

But why don't Winnipeg have an Atlanta "throwback"?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yeah, both Winnipeg and Phoenix having old Jets throwback jerseys seems a bit redundant. I glaring omission I found was the lack of original Phoenix jerseys.

OttawaSenators.png

For the same reason why in previous versions of the NHL games Carolina did not have Hartford jerseys. When the Thrashers were sold, all things Thrashers stayed in Atlanta with the old owners (I presume).

Is there any jersey code input? Perhaps with some new uniforms in other leagues or something like that?

I've had NHL 11 for awhile and after looking over both NHL 12 and 13, I went with 12 simply because I'm horrified of the new wave of EA Sports titles that force you to have your GM mode online and may or may not allow custom rosters to be used in that mode.

I may never buy another EA Sports title again because of it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

One thing I notice is that EA still puts the wrong C on the Blackhawks shoulders. it's been that way for years and I wish they'd fix it. It bothers me. And the create a team jersey and logo section has been the same for at least 3 years. I wish they'd update it.

And the create a team jersey and logo section has been the same for at least 3 years. I wish they'd update it.

Yeah, it's the same story with NCAA and I assume Madden as well. It's quite disappointing since I'd assume create-a-team would be one of the features considered most appealing to the demographic EA is trying to appeal to.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've had NHL 11 for awhile and after looking over both NHL 12 and 13, I went with 12 simply because I'm horrified of the new wave of EA Sports titles that force you to have your GM mode online and may or may not allow custom rosters to be used in that mode.

I may never buy another EA Sports title again because of it.

You don't have to play GM mode online... :therock:

They finally fixed the gold colour on the Ducks third jersey.

The Mighty Ducks throwbacks have also had a minor adjustment made to them: last year the eggplant was a brighter burgundy colour, now it's a darker purple and the green is more teal-ish. Sort of gives them a retro photo or TV effect, but the helmet logo and shoulder patches still have the burgundy colour.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived