Los Angeles Jaguars-First Alternate Logo pg 5

mcrosby

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colors still hurt this for me. I guess I'm just over teal in sports. That being said I'd go with A. It could be top 5 in the league if it were real. The neck area needs to be kept to set it apart from other "head" logos(specifically the Pats) and I just love the "now even more subtle" L.A. down there(I think I still see it).

Not sure how the old fan base (all 50 of them) would like you taking their old logo, killing it, skinning it, and putting it on our head. haha

But that aside this is a really great concept. I really like it. I think option 2 is a little simpler and I like the overall shape of the logo better. The biggest bother to me is check spot.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

The last skin tone was better. It wasn't the problem for me it was the teal. I think red & green feathers would look great. It would be more colorful and bright like the Aztec attire is often depicted to be. So you had the right idea to brighten it up but I would've left the face alone. This version is definitely the best of the 2 still. I can't help but see the pats in the other

I would go with Option A as well, Option B is giving me a little too much of a Flying Elvis vibe.

Also, I would consider changing the name to Aztecs, as I think it still represent a new start in LA while still tying in to the old team.

Both are way too close to the patriots logo.

Patriots-Logo1.gif

Yeah, I thought the first design was a joke because of the Elvis face.

87Redskins.png

I can see where the Flying Elvis comparisons are coming in, and I think it's down to the bloke's facial expression. They are very similar, even if that wasn't intentional. Maybe you just need something to really set this apart from the Pats, like give him an eye or something.

Other than that I really don't have anything to add. Everything about this works so well together, love the hidden LA on the neck. This would definitely be among the best logos in the NFL if it was used in real life. Absolutely brilliant.

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

This has potential, however you must swap the colors, IMO. I get the Aztec-inspired headdress that you're shooting for here, but with the Jacksonville colors, it just looks like the Jag is barfing out a dude's head.

I like your new color palette and you could actually include teal as an accent, but I would avoid it as the primary. Also, I would consider making it look more like a "hat" and perhaps include some side-face detail of the man. Like an earring, some feathers, sideburns, etc.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I think option 2 is vastly superior. It just flows better and would work so much better on a helmet. Yeah, there's definitely a resemblance to the Patriots' logo, but it's just a concept. If you were to legitimately pitch it to the team, you'd have to change it. I also prefer the original color scheme to the new one you posted, but I think if you make uniforms you should include gold more prominently than they did in Jacksonville.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Fantastic concept, but dmhtfld is right, insofar as the face of the man is much too similar. I'd play with the aesthetic you're using to portray the facial features. And #1 is better than 2 because it is further removed (but not far enough) from the Patriots logo.

rATMcmK.png

I like the update alot but I still am not a fan of the neck I feel it hurts the flow of the logo.

I see what you were doing with the hidden LA but of course it would not work on the other side of the helmet.

Maybe if you shortened the back side of the neck to flow with the feathers this would be perfect IMO but great job no matter what!

This is where it should be in terms of design — but there should be some teal somewhere. I strongly feel like teal needs to remain as a nod to the past. I understand why people don't like it, but I think teal instead of red would look more distinct.

Archived