Arby's gets a makeover

BroadSt_Bully

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think I'm hallucinating or something. I can't find it anywhere. I think it was a commercial for the new & improved French Dip sandwich. So if you happen to see it on TV, get your camera out!

There is a new logo.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Nice! Thank you. It's been driving me crazy.

I think this is a very nice refresh. I hope it's actually going to take over.

This one doesn't do anything fancy accept update the original logo to something that looks current, has a nice typeface, and fits dimensionally within many spaces a lot better. I'ts just nice.

Love it!

I tend to think something with even sides (square) is more visually appealing than something wide or tall (rectangle).

So this works much better than any previous version. & it looks like something that can stand the test of time.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

How long did they even have their previous makeover? They ditched the slicer apostrophe fast as HELL.

arbys_logo_detail.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well this thread was started on Oct. 1, 2012, so I guess just over a year. And it's probably actually been in wide-spread use for less than that.

That said, assuming this new one does become THE logo, I imagine it will take some time to phase it in too. Afterall, this one commercial remains it's only appearance so far, and the commercial seems to be relatively rare with no online presence to this point.

Would seem a peculiar way to test a logo, but maybe they're just not sure yet? I don't know.

Hugh upgrade! The previous logo looked like it was designed by two committees that didn't meet until 5 minutes before the pitch.

They finally brought balance to the overall shape of the logo. The new font also nicely compliments the hat icon.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• 3 weeks later...

Well this thread was started on Oct. 1, 2012, so I guess just over a year. And it's probably actually been in wide-spread use for less than that.

That said, assuming this new one does become THE logo, I imagine it will take some time to phase it in too. Afterall, this one commercial remains it's only appearance so far, and the commercial seems to be relatively rare with no online presence to this point.

Would seem a peculiar way to test a logo, but maybe they're just not sure yet? I don't know.

This is the deal, the creator of the lowercase logo was Crispin Porter, who was hired in February 2012. They are now out with Arby's looking at their third ad agency for their national campaign since 2010. They also have a new chief marketing officer who was hired in September.

Archived