Arby's gets a makeover

BroadSt_Bully

I like the urban legend about how Arby's meat is a gelatinous fluid that is cooked into a remarkably beef-like substance.

a friend of mine was a "corporate buyer" for Arby's product, and I can confirm that the meat is indeed a liquid substance.

as for the "rebrand"...mother of everything holy, that is awful.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arby's new slogan is "Slicing Up Freshness," emphasizing how they slice all of their roast beef and such in-store. Something tells me the apostrophe in the new logo is supposed to represent one of these:

tsm_the_sausage_maker_7_5_inch_electric_meat_slicer_64131_detail.gif

If that's the case, then bravo to that one detail.

Except, your "average Joe" won't see that... I though it was a CD (You know that old thing music came on before the majority of people started stealing it?)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

They should have just ditched the wordmark and gone with the hat. Going Domino's- and Starbucks-style probably wouldn't have worked for them, but the Arby's Hat has been around for a while, so you never know. If I saw just a giant red hat sign when I was driving on the highway, I'd sure know there was an Arby's up ahead. Probably wouldn't stop, but I'd know it was an Arby's.

I think the hat by itself is recognizable enough to work, especially since they've been pushing it for the last couple of years with their "I'm thinking Arby's" campaign. Maybe adding a tiny bit of detail to the hat would improve it.

Im_thinking_arbys.jpg

I'm thinking someone screwed up Arby's.

I like the urban legend about how Arby's meat is a gelatinous fluid that is cooked into a remarkably beef-like substance.

I can neither confirm nor deny this. And I worked the kitchen fairly often — scary.

What I can say is that the "beefs" come in a thick plastic bag that is vacuum-sealed into a form that works best on a slicer (wish I could find a picture). It is then cooked in a convection oven for like 2 hours, and placed in a holding oven until it's ready to use. The "beef" juice that comes out of the bags when in the holding oven... words cannot describe the smell.

Needless to say, I only get the Marketfresh stuff if I eat there — that's actually real food.

Thanks for ruining my yearly pilgramage to Arbys. Seriously.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I can neither confirm nor deny this. And I worked the kitchen fairly often — scary.

What I can say is that the "beefs" come in a thick plastic bag that is vacuum-sealed into a form that works best on a slicer (wish I could find a picture). It is then cooked in a convection oven for like 2 hours, and placed in a holding oven until it's ready to use. The "beef" juice that comes out of the bags when in the holding oven... words cannot describe the smell.

Needless to say, I only get the Marketfresh stuff if I eat there — that's actually real food.

Read the snopes post from mockba up above.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Read the snopes post from mockba up above.

It's not liquid, it's some form of meat pressed into a loaf shape. It's more gelatinous than anything — trust me, I used to cook it.

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately I changed the channel, so I can't go back and grab a screenshot, but Arby's is using a new logo in their most recent commercial. It uses a slab serif instead of the lame allow lowercase sans-serif introduced last year.

Cannot find any images of it right now, though. Keep an eye out for it.

A quick trip to Illustrator:

arbys-a.png

Would that have been so hard, arby's?

Very nice. Did you use the font Geared?

I've been using that font for so many things lately. I really like it.

Yup, that's Geared. I thought it worked remarkably well as a modernization of the original typeface for "Arby's" from the old signs:

arby-s.jpg

I'm intrigued by what this new logo looks like. Is the hat any different, or is it just a new typeface?

spacer.png

Archived