2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I'm not sure I follow you.

I consider the helmet and socks as the north/south poles of a NFL uniform. If the helmet has some sort of stripe, I think the socks should match that stripe exactly. And a solid colored helmet should have solid colored socks. Doing so, in my opinion, balances the overall look.

So, you presumably hate Seattle's socks, right?

hi-res-150812493_crop_650x440.jpg?1347014979

What do you mean? The solid colored socks match the solid colored helmet. I suppose it would've pretty nice if the pacific northwest tribal design on the helmet was also on the socks, but from a distance it isn't noticable.

You mentioned that the socks should match the stripe exactly. They don't. I just find it amusing that you craft rules for some uniforms, but when (I presume) your team doesn't follow them, it's ok.

Hmmm, well Mr. Amusing, is that actually considered a "stripe" on the helmet or just a different pattern?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks fine there because they're wearing white pants. But when the pants match the socks it looks terrible. Like they're wearing capris.

940x.jpg

Yes, that looks terrible beyond terrible. I can't stand this on every NFL that does this. I think wolf grey socks would have been better in this situation (too bad we don't have wolf grey facemasks as well).

I don't mind the Jags unis, they look pretty cool and I think Nike did a good job. Much better than their previous unis, which isn't too hard to beat.

The Dolphins have been by far the biggest disappointment. I was really looking forward to the new look, but they really dropped the ball.

The Vikings look FANTASTIC! I was actually hoping for a grey facemask, but it's not a big deal. I would just add a white socks option to the road look, but otherwise I love everything.

Original.jpg

Thumbs up: Vikings

Thumbs down: Dolphins, Jaguars, and Nike for just about everything else they've ever done.

I don't think the road purple pants the Vikings have will ever see the light of day.

I hope your wrong because those are fantastic! Now if they don't then I will start hating this uniform because I am a big believer in wearing colored pants on the road.

spacer.png

Today, Lukas explains how the pic of the 3 new uniform sets accidentally got leaked. It was a Jacksonville TV station's screw-up. The pics were taken at a Nike event a few weeks ago. The new Vikings & Dolphins pics were supposed to be held back until their unveilings. Oops.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Today, Lukas explains how the pic of the 3 new uniform sets accidentally got leaked. It was a Jacksonville TV station's screw-up. The pics were taken at a Nike event a few weeks ago. The new Vikings & Dolphins pics were supposed to be held back until their unveilings. Oops.

The Dolphins logo leaked, but they had done a good job with the uniforms.

And the Vikings had everything go perfectly until yesterda. But really, why are these uniforms displayed at a Nike event weeks in advance? I am surprised it took this long for a leak to happen.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And the Vikings had everything go perfectly until yesterda. But really, why are these uniforms displayed at a Nike event weeks in advance? I am surprised it took this long for a leak to happen.

It appears that this was the private session for Justin Blackmon to photoshoot for the Jags jersey. And whomever took the photos were told not to post them until today. But they must have forgotten that they had this one photo from the event. Nike's fault for having it out to begin with.

Go A's!

It appears that this was the private session for Justin Blackmon to photoshoot for the Jags jersey. And whomever took the photos were told not to post them until today. But they must have forgotten that they had this one photo from the event. Nike's fault for having it out to begin with.

Maybe there was a Dolphin and a Viking there for the same reason...but Nike should no. The more opportunities you create for a leak, the more likely a leak will happen.

That photo with the Jags mannequins between the Vikes and Dolphins mannequins...come on. They should not be surprised that got out. The three teams should have been in entirely different rooms.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Stepping back from yesterday's frenzy for a moment, since those three teams each have their own threads, do we have any confirmation beyond shopped images on the Nike site and photos of received retail Chargers uniforms that some teams are dumping the toilet seat this year? Specifically, I'm interested in the Buccaneers over any others, but any confirmation would be great.

Stepping back from yesterday's frenzy for a moment, since those three teams each have their own threads, do we have any confirmation beyond shopped images on the Nike site and photos of received retail Chargers uniforms that some teams are dumping the toilet seat this year? Specifically, I'm interested in the Buccaneers over any others, but any confirmation would be great.

This is the image they're using on the Bucs' site, although at the press conference they used a jersey with the black collar. However, at the press conference, they never showed the front of the jersey

revis-article.jpg

Go A's!

This is the image they're using on the Bucs' site, although at the press conference they used a jersey with the black collar. However, at the press conference, they never showed the front of the jersey

revis-article.jpg

I'd seen that, but didn't make much out of it. It's like to be an edited image, given how quickly it was put up. However, it seems strange to not do it correctly, if they're sticking with the leisure suit collars. It also seems odd that they would do any additional editing on the collars on the Nike site if it were wrong. However however, the images actually within the shop still feature the old collars and the mannequin in the background of yesterday's leaked photos still has the silly collar. (I can't find the photo I remember seeing now, but it was pretty clear that the half-black collar was still there.)

am i the only person who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous to wear a "15 years" patch? first of all, the team was founded in 1960. secondly, they JUST wore a 10 year patch.

is there any other team in sports that marks every half-decade with a new anniversary patch?

am i the only person who thinks it's absolutely ridiculous to wear a "15 years" patch? first of all, the team was founded in 1960. secondly, they JUST wore a 10 year patch.

I think it's ridiculous, too. I could see maybe doing 10 years, and then 25 years and then 50, 75, 100, etc. 15 would always be bad, but particularly when the uniforms are shrinking so rapidly. They don't need to take up what little space is left telling us the whole year that it's their 15th season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

is there any other team in sports that marks every half-decade with a new anniversary patch?

Even as a Titans fan, I agree that the 15th anniversary patch is ridiculous. However, I think the 10-year patch you're referring to is the 50th anniversary AFL patch.

Archived