2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks any type of "battle damage" will make it look like they just got their asses handed to them? Rutgers looks like the team is taking the field shortly after a local New Jersey biker gang beat them repeatedly with bike chains. Not that "tough" of a look, to me.

I see what you're saying, OSV. But I would've love to of seen at the very least a concept make-up of a Vikings uniform that has some sort of worn/aged look to them. If the college team I was referencing was infact Rutgers, I applaud their attempt but it didn't look good. I just meant the idea behind it for the Vikings, not that exact execution.

I literally cannot be more angry that

1. none of these teams have sock stripes or that

2. The leotard look is alive and well in the NFL.

AT LEAST DO WHITE WITH STRIPES MINNESOTA ITS NOT THAT HARD.

I agree 100%. Absolutely looks terrible when the top half of the sock is the same color as the pant. Could've done a great striped sock in both cases.

I literally cannot be more angry that

1. none of these teams have sock stripes or that

2. The leotard look is alive and well in the NFL.

AT LEAST DO WHITE WITH STRIPES MINNESOTA ITS NOT THAT HARD.

I agree 100%. Absolutely looks terrible when the top half of the sock is the same color as the pant. Could've done a great striped sock in both cases.

With the Dolphins, yes. With the Vikings, no. Because the Vikings helmet does not have a stripe and is solid purple with a purple facemask, I think solid purple socks properly balances the uniforms.

I'm not sure I follow you.

I consider the helmet and socks as the north/south poles of a NFL uniform. If the helmet has some sort of stripe, I think the socks should match that stripe exactly. And a solid colored helmet should have solid colored socks. Doing so, in my opinion, balances the overall look.

I always assumed the sleeves and socks lined up. Helmets, as I saw them, usually lined up with the pants, though there are exceptions, obviously.

Either works I think. As long as there is consitency. But I think if the sleeves, pants, and socks all match but the helmet doesn't, it just looks off.

I consider the helmet and socks as the north/south poles of a NFL uniform. If the helmet has some sort of stripe, I think the socks should match that stripe exactly. And a solid colored helmet should have solid colored socks. Doing so, in my opinion, balances the overall look.

So, you presumably hate Seattle's socks, right?

So this doesn't really mean anything, but we have 3 specific uniform threads right now. The Vikings' thread has 64 pages, Jaguars' has 47 and the Dolphins'... 9.

As you said means nothing. Vikings have been releasing teasers for a month. Jags have been releasing teasers for the past 5 days plus they got unveiled. Dolphins never really got hyped like that.

So this doesn't really mean anything, but we have 3 specific uniform threads right now. The Vikings' thread has 64 pages, Jaguars' has 47 and the Dolphins'... 9.

As you said means nothing. Vikings have been releasing teasers for a month. Jags have been releasing teasers for the past 5 days plus they got unveiled. Dolphins never really got hyped like that.

Exactly.

Yes...very hard to follow all the posts with topics all over the place

Three topics with three threads. Not really all over the place

Go A's!

Hmm. That's an interesting take.

Myself, I would match the socks to the jersey first and foremost. My personal aesthetic pairs the helmet with the pants and the jersey with the socks. This obviously works best with light- colored helmets like the Packers and 49ers. For teams with dark helmets, I'd still match the jerseys and socks, letting the pants be a neutral color like white or the Giants' gray.

I don't think a football uniform ever looks good when the socks match the pants, creating a unitard effect. That creates an unbalance, to my eye.

hi-res-150812493_crop_650x440.jpg?1347014979

What do you mean? The solid colored socks match the solid colored helmet. I suppose it would've pretty nice if the pacific northwest tribal design on the helmet was also on the socks, but from a distance it isn't noticable.

What do you mean? The solid colored socks match the solid colored helmet. I suppose it would've pretty nice if the pacific northwest tribal design on the helmet was also on the socks, but from a distance it isn't noticable.

You mentioned that the socks should match the stripe exactly. They don't. I just find it amusing that you craft rules for some uniforms, but when (I presume) your team doesn't follow them, it's ok.

It looks fine there because they're wearing white pants. But when the pants match the socks it looks terrible. Like they're wearing capris.

940x.jpg

Archived