2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats also when they added a silver outline and black drop shadow to their numbers, which wasn't necessary imo.

Also never seen a good version of the old wordmark, nice posting it.

It's even worse than that...the Eagles' number outlines are in Charcoal, not Silver.

They even added yet another color to the mix.

I find that to be one of the main design flaws with their newer jerseys. Choosing to utilize the much darker charcoal color as opposed to using silver completely muddies up the numbers and doesn't allow for enough differentiation between the black and grey color. I seriously wish they would consider changing that one little detail; it would make a world of difference in helping to lighten up a very dark muddied look.

As I was reading through the various new NFL uniform threads, a thought occurred to me. Remember how the Buccaneers were rumored to be changing things, but then changed their mind at the last minute? Well, we could all speculate as to what those changes would've been, but there is one that would've been amazing - metallic satin finish helmets, a la the Vikings. If ever there was a team that should have a non-gloss helmet, it is the pewter-clad Bucs. A satin finish pewter helmet - not entirely unlike Michigan State's bronze helmets - would be a thing of beauty.

^I'd be interested in seeing that happen. It might help with the fact that their helmets look totally different in various lighting situations. Sometimes they look ultra dark, sometimes ultra shiny, and sometimes kind of matte looking. I personally don't find it appealing when that happens but some might.

Thats also when they added a silver outline and black drop shadow to their numbers, which wasn't necessary imo.

Also never seen a good version of the old wordmark, nice posting it.

It's even worse than that...the Eagles' number outlines are in Charcoal, not Silver.

They even added yet another color to the mix.

Yea they are a trainwreck

Hopefully we see a change soon

As I was reading through the various new NFL uniform threads, a thought occurred to me. Remember how the Buccaneers were rumored to be changing things, but then changed their mind at the last minute? Well, we could all speculate as to what those changes would've been, but there is one that would've been amazing - metallic satin finish helmets, a la the Vikings. If ever there was a team that should have a non-gloss helmet, it is the pewter-clad Bucs. A satin finish pewter helmet - not entirely unlike Michigan State's bronze helmets - would be a thing of beauty.

Originally, the source said the change was so minor, it was hardly noticeable. Then they dumped it. I doubt there would have been any substantial changes to the uniform. It probably would have just been the sleeve & helmet logo being tweaked.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

@ ColorWerx...do you have the entire league's 2013 style guide? If so, any changes at all for the Saints? (Praying for actual wordmark on helmet bumpers and dumping toilet seat collars...)

They're only rolling out ones that have changes from last year...nothing yet for the Saints.

Originally, the source said the change was so minor, it was hardly noticeable. Then they dumped it. I doubt there would have been any substantial changes to the uniform. It probably would have just been the sleeve & helmet logo being tweaked.

I wonder how many of you noticed that the Buccaneers' Orange (in the regular unis, not the throwbacks) changed in 2012.

@ ColorWerx...do you have the entire league's 2013 style guide? If so, any changes at all for the Saints? (Praying for actual wordmark on helmet bumpers and dumping toilet seat collars...)

They're only rolling out ones that have changes from last year...nothing yet for the Saints.

I wonder how many of you noticed that the Buccaneers' Orange (in the regular unis, not the throwbacks) changed in 2012.

:Oo:

Whats the change ? Is it the light orange shade they use in their 76 throwbacks ?

They darkened the orange?

Here's a brief history of the Buccaneers' various shades of Orange used through the years:

TampaBayBuccaneersOrange_1979_SCC_SRGB.pngTampaBayBuccaneersOrange_1996_SCC_SRGB.pngTampaBayBuccaneersOrange_2000_SCC_SRGB.pngTampaBayBuccaneersOrange_2011_SCC_SRGB.pngTampaBayBuccaneersOrange_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The original unis had a custom color (like all NFL teams in that era), then was standardized to a specific Pantone value around 1980. With the redesign in 1997, they went to a reddish-Orange, which was then changed due to the Reebok contract, and then darkened again for Nike. For the current shade, think Chicago Bears Orange.

Archived