2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Bengals cake looks great...the only one that does.

Seriously? The stripes are all identical -- not close to accurate. It does look like it would be great to eat, though.

Yes, seriously. It's the only one remotely shaped like a football helmet.

87Redskins.png

The Buccaneers posted this on their official Facebook page about half an hour ago:

422026_10151637457254595_845304899_n.jpg

Definitely seems like the logo is bigger now.

The row of helmets on the floor look to be their standard shade of pewter. I'm thinking this photo has been modified. If they are going to go to a helmet like this I'm all for it (All though I would like to see what a matte pewter lid would look like). As long as it shows up less golden and will match their pewter pants. As for the logo size, I did some searching and it looks to be the same size as it was last year. Must just be the angle that makes it looks bigger.

The Buccaneers posted this on their official Facebook page about half an hour ago:

The row of helmets on the floor look to be their standard shade of pewter. I'm thinking this photo has been modified. If they are going to go to a helmet like this I'm all for it (All though I would like to see what a matte pewter lid would look like). As long as it shows up less golden and will match their pewter pants. As for the logo size, I did some searching and it looks to be the same size as it was last year. Must just be the angle that makes it looks bigger.

id much rather prefer if they go back to the shiny metallic pants that matched the helmet, over making a matte helmet to match the current pants.

id much rather prefer if they go back to the shiny metallic pants that matched the helmet, over making a matte helmet to match the current pants.

If they just leave what they have alone I'll be happy. Only change that needs to happen is getting rid of that stupid contrasting flywire collar.

I'd guess that the NFL gave the Jaguars an exception since the team was sold and Shad Khan really wanted to change the uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah, that's my guess, too. I would say its possible part of the Nike deal was that any team could get a redesign, regardless of the time frame of their last redesign. But I'd also guess that, once a team gets that first redesign, the old 5 year goes back into place. The NFL does not like to mess with things that work.

I was watching clips of the Jaguars camp on NFLN and saw photos from their camp and I noticed something.

Photo: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/jac/gallery/im:urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,lego:19780928:top,photo,bdc05d46-38b4-36a0-bc55-f30fc04a2823-l:1

The video I saw appeared to show the players wearing a flat black matte helmet.

The photos suggest maybe they're just using the old helmet.

If the video I saw does show that the helmet is matte black, then is it safe to assume that the new Jags helmets are black primarily and that the gold is sprayed on, not vice versa?

just a thought

Go A's!

I was watching clips of the Jaguars camp on NFLN and saw photos from their camp and I noticed something.

Photo: http://sports.yahoo....30fc04a2823-l:1

If the video I saw does show that the helmet is matte black, then is it safe to assume that the new Jags helmets are black primarily and that the gold is sprayed on, not vice versa?

just a thought

The ones in the picture are definitely the helmets from last year, i don't know about your clip though, but if i had to guess id say the helmets would be gold first and the black would be sprayed on after because there is more gold than black, it just makes more scents

just a thought

The ones in the picture are definitely the helmets from last year, i don't know about your clip though, but if i had to guess id say the helmets would be gold first and the black would be sprayed on after because there is more gold than black, it just makes more scents

Didn't know that the helmets had an aroma to them. New element that apparently went under the radar.

Just found a better video and you are right, it's the old helmet. Disregard what I had previously said then

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Inside-the-Jaguars-Productive-Weekend/7e462660-14c5-4ba0-a3c5-88346fd22c94

Go A's!

just a thought

i was thinking they were matte black shells with gold sprayed over top.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

just a thought

i was thinking they were matte black shells with gold sprayed over top.

The way i see it is since the helmets are mainly gold, you would use a gold shell and paint over it in the matte black thus using less paint, and spending less money, but i don't know either way could be right.

Archived