2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeMarcus Ware's new helmet:

I really hate this new trend in the NFL.

485402_10151516646121263_780521174_n.jpg

As a former defensive lineman, I WISH facemasks like these were available when I was playing ball. If you think refs call it every time somebody's facemask is grabbed you're delusional. Hell, I can honestly say only about a quarter of each mask grabbing I endured was penalized. I'd rather look goofy in the eyes of some & decrease the ability of some 300 plus pounder getting a hold of my facemask.

I'd rather just get rid of facemasks altogether. They can't grab what isn't there.

Players would be able to see a whole crap-ton better too. If hockey players don't need masks, I don't see why football players do.

That would be awful. Linemen would be getting hand shoved in their face on every play. Then you'd have players getting helmets/shoulder pads full speed into their face when tackling. I'd be scared to see what my face looked like after playing considering the beating that my facemask took.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Cardinals might wear throwbacks this year?

Don't know. They've been part of the uniform/graphics package since the re-brand in 2005. Haven't broken them out at all.

A lot of teams do this; the Dolphins had throwbacks listed for a lot of the past several seasons.

If the Dolphins and Cards have "throwbacks" available, wouldn't that leave them with 4 tops and violate the league rule? Cards: Black/White/Red Dolphins: Aqua/Orange/White

KISSwall09.jpg

If the Dolphins and Cards have "throwbacks" available, wouldn't that leave them with 4 tops and violate the league rule? Cards: Black/White/Red Dolphins: Aqua/Orange/White

Cards could drop the black this year.

Dolphins didn't unveil orange tops, so there's that

Go A's!

They've been listed even WITH the Black alts.

I think some of the teams just provide throwback artwork for the heck of it.

Speaking of throwbacks, has anybody heard anything about what if anything Nike has done to the Packers' blues? I'm wondering if they'll get the HGI helmet treatment that Washington got.

Oh - I keep forgetting to post these...there are now some logos that go along with the "Acme" Packers throwbacks:

GreenBayPackers_CPM0100a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

GreenBayPackers_CPM0200a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

Speaking of throwbacks, has anybody heard anything about what if anything Nike has done to the Packers' blues? I'm wondering if they'll get the HGI helmet treatment that Washington got.

Oh - I keep forgetting to post these...there are now some logos that go along with the "Acme" Packers throwbacks:

Second logo is BEAUTIFUL

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Players would be able to see a whole crap-ton better too. If hockey players don't need masks, I don't see why football players do.

Hockey players don't get hit every single play. The purpose of football is to hit. They're both dangerous sports, but very different. I don't think we should really sacrifice safety because we don't like the way facemasks look.

Hockey players don't get hit every single play. The purpose of football is to hit. They're both dangerous sports, but very different. I don't think we should really sacrifice safety because we don't like the way facemasks look.

I think Goth's motivation for wanting to do away with facemasks has to do with safety. If we de-weaponize the helmet by limiting the amount of protection it provides then less and less players will be willing to lead with the helmet. Which would cut down on the number of concussions.

I don't necessarily agree with that line of reasoning, but it is a valid position to hold.

Have you not seen how many players get hit in the face in hockey by pucks and stuff, most of them are missing teeth, and after all the injuries this year from people getting hit in the face the nhl is thinking about face masks being a possibility

I think Goth's motivation for wanting to do away with facemasks has to do with safety. If we de-weaponize the helmet by limiting the amount of protection it provides then less and less players will be willing to lead with the helmet. Which would cut down on the number of concussions.

I don't necessarily agree with that line of reasoning, but it is a valid position to hold.

Right. People make the same argument all the time about Hockey (by "people", I mean Don Cherry)... that the game was actually safer before helmets because people worked harder to keep themselves safe, and nobody wanted to give a headshot knowing their head was just as vulnerable. (Think about Rugby... similar game to American football, but tackling styles are really different.) Although, as Cap says, a valid position, still not one I'd like to see as it basically makes football an all-together different game. (Not to worry... never gonna happen, anyway.)

Ugh.

That top one has been floating around for years.

They're hideous.

Archived