2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

So, the reason I have not been on lately is because I got a job! (Wooo!) My new job is at a sports shop in Colorado called Prime Time Sports. We were told this morning that when customers come in and ask if/when the Broncos Nike jerseys would be available for purchase with a full color collar (re: no toilet seat) to tell them yes, and mid July.

So, the Broncos are indeed switching to a full color collar, a la Houston.

Congratulations.

And congratulations to the Broncos.

What about that wacky helmet stripe we saw on ESPN?

Via Colorwerx:

DenverBroncos_HRS0100a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I think he was talking about the picture that showed the broncos helmet with titans helmet stripe

This is what the helmet will look like for the 2013 season. So that one was a mistake. I knew what he was talking about.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take it for what its worth, but a redskins blogger said they are ditching nike's horrific 'toilet bowl' around the neck on their white jerseys... hopefully we get confirmations that others are following suit

here is some more info. he says others teams are doing the same thing, and apparently the broncos have been confirmed as well.

Well, no. The Broncos are going to a solid navy gigantor collar, like the Texans use on their white jerseys. The other teams are all supposedly just losing contrasting-color collars entirely.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

take it for what its worth, but a redskins blogger said they are ditching nike's horrific 'toilet bowl' around the neck on their white jerseys... hopefully we get confirmations that others are following suit

here is some more info. he says others teams are doing the same thing, and apparently the broncos have been confirmed as well.

Well, no. The Broncos are going to a solid navy gigantor collar, like the Texans use on their white jerseys. The other teams are all supposedly just losing contrasting-color collars entirely.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I was watching an interview with EJ Manuel. He was wearing the blue Bills uniform that still had the contrasting white collar. However it didn't look like the 'toilet seat' collar. Were the Bills one of the teams that was supposed to do away with it?

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I was watching an interview with EJ Manuel. He was wearing the blue Bills uniform that still had the contrasting white collar. However it didn't look like the 'toilet seat' collar. Were the Bills one of the teams that was supposed to do away with it?

The draft jersey showed full contrasting collar, so I'd assume they are one of them. Ejs interview did have a toilet seat collar, though.

spacer.png

The draft jersey showed full contrasting collar, so I'd assume they are one of them. Ejs interview did have a toilet seat collar, though.

They are gonna have a collar that is like the patriots, where the have the elite 51 template, but the old collar that is stretchy

So, the reason I have not been on lately is because I got a job! (Wooo!) My new job is at a sports shop in Colorado called Prime Time Sports. We were told this morning that when customers come in and ask if/when the Broncos Nike jerseys would be available for purchase with a full color collar (re: no toilet seat) to tell them yes, and mid July.

So, the Broncos are indeed switching to a full color collar, a la Houston.

Congratulations.

And congratulations to the Broncos.

What about that wacky helmet stripe we saw on ESPN?

Via Colorwerx:

DenverBroncos_HRS0100a_2012_SCC_SRGB.png

I think he was talking about the picture that showed the broncos helmet with titans helmet stripe

This is what the helmet will look like for the 2013 season. So that one was a mistake. I knew what he was talking about.

Yeah, I double checked the minicamp helmets. All correct.

Why did so many teams stick with the toilet seat collar last year? Just being stubborn? Until of course they saw it for 16 games and immediately changed their mind...

I'm not a fan of contrasting collars anyways, I guess this is a blessing in disguise. Unless of course more teams go to the Texans collar, which is just awful.

I think some teams at the photoshoot had the new unis on hand sans toilet seat while others didn't. I think it was just an issue of who had received the inventory. I've seen shots of San Diego players who had the new sets while the Bronco players did not (despite the Nike promo shots saying they've updated).

I was at Dick's today and I saw EJ Manuel Bills jerseys and they all still had the toilet seat collar. Anyone know what's up with that?

Considering it's late May those jerseys may have been blanks from last year that they want to sell of to unsuspecting fans that are eager to shell out $100 on an unproven player who may not even last 3 seasons with the team. I know some '13 season gear has been released by nike but I don't think the entire roll out is in full swing until July. Somebody else may have more accurate information that can shed some light on the subject.

Via reddit guy:

According to Albert Breer on NFLN, the league is considering relaxing uniform rules. Under the new rules teams would be allowed to wear 3rd uniforms more and it is possible that 4th jerseys could be implemented.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The only reason I'd see the NFL allowing that would be to further increase merchandising revenue.

Which is why I completely expect it to happen. In the next four or five years.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So the Buccaneers posted this on their Twitter account. While it is disappointing to see the toilet bowl still there, the bigger question is the helmets. As you recall, they posted pictures of the helmets a number of weeks ago, and it looked as though they had given the pewter a sort of Notre Dame treatment - making it look a little rougher, less uniform shine. Many dismissed this as a filter on the photo. Does this picture show the same effect?

BJwlwq9CUAAec7o.jpg

Not sure if this had been mentioned of not...

I went on Instagram and did a search for #ROOKIEPREMIERE. Here are some things I noticed:

1.) toilet bowl collar was still on Denver's orange uni, Bills blue uni, Bengals black uni, Saints black uni

2.) toilet bowl collar was NOT on San Diego's blue uni

This may not even mean anything though, because in one of the pictures it looks like Cordarrelle Patterson was holding an old Vikings uni, before being issued the correct one for pictures.

So the Buccaneers posted this on their Twitter account. While it is disappointing to see the toilet bowl still there, the bigger question is the helmets. As you recall, they posted pictures of the helmets a number of weeks ago, and it looked as though they had given the pewter a sort of Notre Dame treatment - making it look a little rougher, less uniform shine. Many dismissed this as a filter on the photo. Does this picture show the same effect?

BJwlwq9CUAAec7o.jpg

Yeah it looks like the ND treatment but in this case it looks to match the pants which ND does not

Via reddit guy:

According to Albert Breer on NFLN, the league is considering relaxing uniform rules. Under the new rules teams would be allowed to wear 3rd uniforms more and it is possible that 4th jerseys could be implemented.

Probably means that a team like Atlanta, which cannot wear their black alternate jersey's because they sport a throwemback uniform, will be allowed to bring the black alt back as their "4th" jersey. Chicago could also do this with their Midway Monsters feaxbacks and the orange alternate as well. Could also see Tampa Bay finally do a alternate jersey (PEWTER) to go with the creamsicle throwbacks.

Not many teams have a color scheme where a "4th" jersey would make sense. I'd look for the NFL to "relax" the rules by allowing 3 alternate/throwback games a year, instead of the 2 they currently have.

Archived