2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I really like the white pants for the Giants. They have history with white pants, so it works.

other than the lions I can't think of an nfl club that doesn't have at least a brief history with white pants.

The Packers.

The 1950s.

Also, Detroit wore white pants in 1948 and 1949.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been screaming for the G-Men to go back to white pants but that is just terrible. Did they really need the grey??? Wow, almost seems like a copy of the Ohio State stripe pattern. SMH

Actually, yes. Otherwise the grey face mask would stick out like a sore thumb. Grey is still very much a Giants team color. They definitely got it right by including grey in the pants stripe.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I really like the white pants for the Giants. They have history with white pants, so it works.

other than the lions I can't think of an nfl club that doesn't have at least a brief history with white pants.

The Packers.

The 1950s.

starr_lipscombe_1959.jpg

Witness Bryan Bartlett Starr in the all-whites, c 1959.

WOW! That is the first I time I have ever seen that. From what I could tell, looks like the pack wore white pants for the 57&58 seasons. In 58 it seems they actually wore green over white at home and all white uniforms with dark blue trim on the road. greenbay1958.png

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

The Packers.

The 1950s.

starr_lipscombe_1959.jpg

Witness Bryan Bartlett Starr in the all-whites, c 1959.

WOW! That is the first I time I have ever seen that. From what I could tell, looks like the pack wore white pants for the 57&58 seasons. In 58 it seems they actually wore green over white at home and all white uniforms with dark blue trim on the road. greenbay1958.png

They also had dark bluish green jerseys with white pants and dark blue with white in those days.

I've been screaming for the G-Men to go back to white pants but that is just terrible. Did they really need the grey??? Wow, almost seems like a copy of the Ohio State stripe pattern. SMH

Actually, yes. Otherwise the grey face mask would stick out like a sore thumb. Grey is still very much a Giants team color. They definitely got it right by including grey in the pants stripe.

I rarely ever consider grey to be deemed as a team color unless of course you are referring to silver. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) the G-Men don't utilize silver as a team color. Utilizing a grey face mask is more about neutrality, which is exactly what they were shooting for considering the long history of this uniform. I don't buy the use of the grey in the pants. It takes a classic looking simple uni and overly clutters it for me. I find it totally unnecessary.

I like the addition of gray on the pant stripe because it coordinates with the gray on the helmet.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I don't buy the use of the grey in the pants. It takes a classic looking simple uni and overly clutters it for me. I find it totally unnecessary.

Agreed, but they've been cluttering up their uniform for a while now.

The home uniform was perfect when they unveiled it, and all the tweaks have been downgrades.

I rarely ever consider grey to be deemed as a team color unless of course you are referring to silver. To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) the G-Men don't utilize silver as a team color. Utilizing a grey face mask is more about neutrality, which is exactly what they were shooting for considering the long history of this uniform. I don't buy the use of the grey in the pants. It takes a classic looking simple uni and overly clutters it for me. I find it totally unnecessary.

I don't understand how grey isn't a team color for the Giants. Besides these new alternate pants, they wear grey pants for every game. A face mask can be a neutral color (grey) but the same can't be said for pants.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

You don't buy it? Huh. I'm pretty sure it's there. You may not like it, but you pretty much have to buy it.

Via the Colts Facebook page, 30 seasons in Indianapolis:

381465_44db2415c390ebcdf5dd1c4531c48471.jpg

The random gray circle in the back kills this. Otherwise it's nice.

Gray was part of the Colts' color scheme when they moved to Indy. They wore gray pants at home, and had blue-gray-blue shoulder and pants stripes on the road.

Really strange font choices, though. That "30" is very "1970s cop show credits".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

not a big fan of what the Colts came up with, so i made this (using the redesigned horseshoe i also recently did)

colts_30th_season_concept.jpg

The bottom stripes are a tad off-center. Because of this, the blue arc below the banner seems off too. Might just be my eyes. Edit - using photoshop, I confirmed the left and right parts of the arc below the banner aren't symmetrical.

Just a minor fix.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived