2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Jags are getting an awful lot of publicity right now, even ESPN is talking about it, showing tweets from players who have worn them calling them the "Dopest in the NFL"

We're doomed. What is this, 1988?

I don't know why that word has come back around. I guess its like everything else in society now. And besides,'dope' is the new 'kewl'.

Besides the fact that "kewl" was never cool to begin with.

Yes I personally agree.

"Dope" actually petered out around '98.

But yes, NO ONE uses "dope" to describe something they like anymore.

I'm 20. Plenty of people use dope to describe something cool or something they like. Have you not listened to hip hop music recently?

I think tights a little old, but I use that sometimes, sick, sweet, in a slightly different sense and not so much anymore, but I've used swagged out.

I know people use fresh, tough, raw, clean, the list goes on really.

I'm 24. I listen to hip hop, but it ain't the mainstream bull:censored: that's pumped through the radio every 5 minutes. Like I said before, maybe it's a regional thing, but I don't ever hear "dope" describing somethin' someone likes anymore. Not in North Texas, anyway.

But not to derail this any further, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Jaguars will do more than the other teams. And what about the Bucs again? Didn't they make a change to their unis or is it just THAT unnoticeable to mention?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jags are getting an awful lot of publicity right now, even ESPN is talking about it, showing tweets from players who have worn them calling them the "Dopest in the NFL"

We're doomed. What is this, 1988?

I don't know why that word has come back around. I guess its like everything else in society now. And besides,'dope' is the new 'kewl'.

Besides the fact that "kewl" was never cool to begin with.

Yes I personally agree.

"Dope" actually petered out around '98.

But yes, NO ONE uses "dope" to describe something they like anymore.

I'm 20. Plenty of people use dope to describe something cool or something they like. Have you not listened to hip hop music recently?

I think tights a little old, but I use that sometimes, sick, sweet, in a slightly different sense and not so much anymore, but I've used swagged out.

I know people use fresh, tough, raw, clean, the list goes on really.

I'm 24. I listen to hip hop, but it ain't the mainstream bull:censored: that's pumped through the radio every 5 minutes. Like I said before, maybe it's a regional thing, but I don't ever hear "dope" describing somethin' someone likes anymore. Not in North Texas, anyway.

But not to derail this any further, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Jaguars will do more than the other teams. And what about the Bucs again? Didn't they make a change to their unis or is it just THAT unnoticeable to mention?

Well Mac miller who never really comes out on the radio's catchphrase is "most dope" I'm sure you've heard Thrift Shop, hella dope is mentioned I believe, if you've ever seen pineapple express they say"dopest dope I've ever smoked". I'm from south Texas and its not really common here, but people will say it, im just saying its used.

And I believe the bucs were considering changed but opted out.

i wonder which fanbase will rage the most over their new unis? i think the Dolphins are clear to do whatever crap they want considering how many people like that new logo :)

People just hate change lol. Personally, all 3 teams that are getting new uniforms this week needed new uniforms in my view. Both the latest Jags and Vikes unis are just bad. Dolphins were okay, but I was never a big fan of the drop shadows in the numbers. I will miss their helmet stripe though. I did love that.

i wonder which fanbase will rage the most over their new unis? i think the Dolphins are clear to do whatever crap they want considering how many people like that new logo :)

People just hate change lol. Personally, all 3 teams that are getting new uniforms this week needed new uniforms in my view. Both the latest Jags and Vikes unis are just bad. Dolphins were okay, but I was never a big fan of the drop shadows in the numbers. I will miss their helmet stripe though. I did love that.

yea, same here. you'll never please everyone, each design will be loved and hated by someone. personally i'm most excited to see the Vikings. i have a feeling that one's going to be ace

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

No. Some people hate change in general, maybe. There is an equally large group who loves change for the sake of change and fawns over anything new. Other people, like myself, just hate every trend Nike is currently involved in. I dislike ultra-futuristic crap like they are giving the Jaguars, but I also dislike Nike's alternative, which is the ultra-bland, stripped down uniforms, like Virginia.

The Jaguars' unis are going to be absolute clownshoes. I imagine the Dolphins unis will just be plain bad, toeing the line between KEWL NEW and stripped-down. I am only really interested in seeing the Vikings' set, because it looks like this one was designed away from both trends, and it features traditional football uniform elements, even if Nike had to Nike-up the pants stripes by making them assymetrical.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

No. Some people hate change in general, maybe. There is an equally large group who loves change for the sake of change and fawns over anything new. Other people, like myself, just hate every trend Nike is currently involved in. I dislike ultra-futuristic crap like they are giving the Jaguars, but I also dislike Nike's alternative, which is the ultra-bland, stripped down uniforms, like Virginia.

The Jaguars' unis are going to be absolute clownshoes. I imagine the Dolphins unis will just be plain bad, toeing the line between KEWL NEW and stripped-down. I am only really interested in seeing the Vikings' set, because it looks like this one was designed away from both trends, and it features traditional football uniform elements, even if Nike had to Nike-up the pants stripes by making them assymetrical.

I agree with every word you said and I am kinda shocked about it. I think you are right about the Dolphins uniforms being "plain bad" and the Jaguars are going to go "overboard" in the modern sense. Thus, I am hoping that the Vikings keep the traditional look without a few of the traditional features and I hope they have purple pants to wear on the road.

spacer.png

We call these "Wild fans."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I agree with every word you said and I am kinda shocked about it. I think you are right about the Dolphins uniforms being "plain bad" and the Jaguars are going to go "overboard" in the modern sense. Thus, I am hoping that the Vikings keep the traditional look without a few of the traditional features and I hope they have purple pants to wear on the road.

My thoughts as well on this would be suprised if the Jaguars don't look like a train wreck but they do now so could be a better one.

I will probably like the Dolphins but will consider it a downgrade without the current striping which I am big fan of.

The Vikes are a different story I think I will like the new look but I actually liked their current uniform so not sure I will think it is an upgrade.

My thoughts as well on this would be suprised if the Jaguars don't look like a train wreck but they do now so could be a better one.

I will probably like the Dolphins but will consider it a downgrade without the current striping which I am big fan of.

The Vikes are a different story I think I will like the new look but I actually liked their current uniform so not sure I will think it is an upgrade.

You are right the current Jaguars set is a wreck, so the new set may be a push.

I love the stripes on the Dolphins current uniforms and I am scared if they make the pants plain white that they are going to destroy a classic look.

Like you, I like the current Vikings uniforms and it will be hard for me to say whether the new set is a downgrade or upgrade.

spacer.png

Well Mac miller who never really comes out on the radio

Wut. Mac Miller is the epitome of mainstream rap.

Not really, he's hardly on the radio.

Drake, Lil Wayne, wiz khalifa, etc. are mainstream rap. Even pitbull unfortunately.

You will instantly hear these guys on the radio an they're almost household names compared to Mac miller. He's popular but mainly amongst the younger crowd.

Anything is better than Teal And Black Side Piping For No Reason.

ANYTHING.

What's the reasoning for sleeve striping exactly? Or contrasting panels? Or team logos on uniforms? Different color collars?

Piping may or may not have been ugly or you may not like it, but its has just as much reason for being that sleeve striping or any other decoration on a uniform has.

With all due respect, you only like "old" tradition uniforms, so I'm not too concerned if you don't like the new threads.

Not true at all. But if I had to generalize you, I'd put you in the "like whatever garbage I'm told to like" column. You don't need my approval to be giddy about the new Jaguars uniforms. I just hope you think about that five years from now when you are celebrating how kewl the next set of Jaguars uniforms are because the forthcoming set is a dated embarassment.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

With all due respect, you only like "old" tradition uniforms, so I'm not too concerned if you don't like the new threads.

Not true at all. But if I had to generalize you, I'd put you in the "like whatever garbage I'm told to like" column. You don't need my approval to be giddy about the new Jaguars uniforms. I just hope you think about that five years from now when you are celebrating how kewl the next set of Jaguars uniforms are because the forthcoming set is a dated embarassment.

They haven't been unveiled yet and you're already writing them off as bad and soon to be outdated. Just because something doesn't have plain sleeve stripes and block numbers doesn't mean it won't have longevity. I'm not saying this set will or will not last, but it just seems like you're proving his point or him by hating on a uniform you haven't seen yet.

They haven't been unveiled yet and you're already writing them off as bad and soon to be outdated. Just because something doesn't have plain sleeve stripes and block numbers doesn't mean it won't have longevity. I'm not saying this set will or will not last, but it just seems like you're proving his point or him by hating on a uniform you haven't seen yet.

I'm basing my opinion on evertying I've seen so far, the fact that they will wear black monochrome in a dull matte finish, reports about the uniform and the fact that Nike was given carte blanche here. This set was designed to be cutting edge and then dated. Does anyone think Nike plans on the Seahawks looking the same five years from now? Hell no. I've seen enough to know that the set wont be good. And that doesn't have to do with it being modern, it has to do with it being plain old bad. But we'll see once they unveil it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Ok, name a modern uniform you like. I have love for good looking uniforms no matter what they're suppose to be. Traditional or new age. I hate some new age looks (Vikings clownsuits, 2002 Bills, 2002 Seahawks, A ton of college uniforms) so lumping me in as loving what I'm told to love is bull :censored:.

looking forward to see the jags new uniforms, thinking its about time carolina follows suit soon as much as i love the design of ours now, maybe update there uniforms i love to see black helmets matte i wish, colors still the same but the design different if they did i would like to see a change to the pants strips jersey strip and helmet to the claw mark look kinda like cincy uses in college maybe claw mark look on the shoulders of the jersey and pants legs and helmet kinda like this with logo still on the sleeve and all

Cincinnati-new-red-carbon-football-helmet-3.jpg

okSZRMT.gifEaHphDp.gif

Archived