2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's an odd one. My first read was that you could remove the closing seconds VO, and it's an ad for HD TVs, bringing all the action to you.

Then I looked at it again and it struck me that all the in-game distractions - cheerleaders, morons with drums, those stupid tshirt cannons - that :censored: is annoying and you're better off without having to be bothered by it all.

Either way, it's a strange choice.

Eh, I guess it just boils down to the fact the "Jaguars stadium experience" was destroying all of his stuff and maybe he should rather have it at the stadium.

Save that thought, you're right in that they darn near just sold me a 3DTV. They'd be better off telling people to get their season tickets now because next year's stadium improvements might make them sell a couple percentage points faster, or something.

*obligatory helmet bash*

The Jags put up this commercial featuring the new unis in "action" for the first time recently. Didn't see it around, thought I'd do the honors.

Sure, the all-black isn't as good as the black-atop-white, but, I swear, these could have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling helmets!

the black portion of the helmet seems to be more and more dominant as time goes on...looks like over 50% now.

Maybe this is a good thing. In time, well see the gold portion diminish further and further as the black part slowly but surely consumes it, soon leaving us with a solid, matte black helmet!

Looks like niners are going throwback end zones for their last season at Candlestick

4cc31b74f22a11e2ab5722000a1f9684_7.jpg

This. Full-time. Thank you.

There is a god!

As a devoted St. Louis Rams fan, I absolutely despise the 49ers. But that is a beautiful end zone, I must admit.

Same here. As a fan of the team that was on the losing end of two 49ers Super Bowl wins, I despise them, as well. But their logos, uniforms, and helmets are beautiful. My only complaint is that the jerseys contain no gold. Buck tradition, add the gold, and they're perfect.

Nice. I wish the Lions would bring back their old wordmark that was somewhat similar.

475.gif

For some reason, this always struck me as too narrow (even though the 49ers wordmark did not). But this could be the basis for an awesome update, with or without the black...

Lions_2.png

Lions_1.png

A little more insight into the Rams future uniform ideas... http://www.turfshowt...re-ramsondemand

"There is a great deal of passion for both the blue and yellow and the blue and white, and it seems very little passion for our current uniforms".

Yeah, that just about sums it up.

*actually likes current colors*

Although that's in part because I associate the blue and (athletic gold) look with Tony Banks, blue and white with the Colts, and the current colors with the GSOT.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just really wish Jacksonville had kept the previous helmet. It would make the set THAT much better and consistent.

If they had the old helmet color with the new logo, and gold pants (or at least wore the white instead of the black) this would be a huge upgrade over last year's look. But monochrome black plus the worst helmet I've ever seen? They actually managed to come up with something less attractive than last year. Impressive, in a way.

Yeah, A Rams message board I frequent has had chat sessions with Demoff in the past and his answers are always the same, almost pre-prapared as far as uniforms go. I'm hoping he's being coy about a change that's coming sooner rather than later.

What's that word mean?

lol...It means I'm a horrible typist

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I thought the Jaguars' helmets were going to grow on me, but they haven't. They're just awful. They look terrible in motion. The ironic thing is the only time I'm going to watch the Jags this season is on the Redzone channel. So I'll always see the helmets against my will.

I thought the Jaguars' helmets were going to grow on me, but they haven't. They're just awful. They look terrible in motion. The ironic thing is the only time I'm going to watch the Jags this season is on the Redzone channel. So I'll always see the helmets against my will.

Are you implying that is worse than having to watch every game and be forced to deal with it anyway? All I can say is to count your blessings because, as bad as the helmet that your team wears from week to week could be, you are not one of the damned few who will have to deal with this for weeks on end for hours at a time until we witness the miracle that the Grand Stache himself finally establishes the nerve to go back on his own wisdom, admit defeat in attempting innovation, and set aside his forward-thinking way to trash these abominations in favor of a clean, classy, matte black helmet. In the mean time, were pretty much stuck with the visual clusterheck of making our poor, pitiful eyeballs comprehend this mess on a weekly basis.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying too shame you guys or garner sympathy, but I'm actually just intensely jealous of pretty much every other existing sports fan right now. I hope you understand.

Don't worry, I don't think the Jags will be getting into the red zone anytime soon. :P

spacer.png

Don't worry, I don't think the Jags will be getting into the red zone anytime soon. :P

I'm pinning Jacksonville as my surprise team this year. I think them and Indy will battle it out for the AFC South, with the loser getting the wild card. You're going to see a ferocious defense, MJD running behind a zone blocking scheme, and who knows? Maybe Gabbert takes that mysterious third year stride that lots of QB's seem to take.

Back on topic, the following tweet went out last week and went largely unnoticed. Does Miami have an alternate dark uniform?

AnktT7F.png

Really? I think the Jags' defense will make plenty of red zone appearances. :P

I'm pinning Jacksonville as my surprise team this year. I think them and Indy will battle it out for the AFC South, with the loser getting the wild card. You're going to see a ferocious defense, MJD running behind a zone blocking scheme, and who knows? Maybe Gabbert takes that mysterious third year stride that lots of QB's seem to take.

Back on topic, the following tweet went out last week and went largely unnoticed. Does Miami have an alternate dark uniform?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i.imgur.com/AnktT7F.png[/img

Not too sure what the pic reveals other than that they're using all of the team colors for merchandise and I'd be one to believe that, if there were a third jersey, Nike would want it to be known as soon as possible for jersey sales, though count me surprised that they didn't at least being back the Orange alternate. I rather liked those.

Also, thanks for the optimism. Words like those are soothing to the chip-shouldered Jag fan soul.

Archived