2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just clicked on the NFL section of SI.com and saw this beauty. Has it been announced when these will be worn? Should be their primary home uniform.

130717122737-falcons-saints-t1-071713-t1-wide.jpg

It was also worn last year against the Saints

hi-res-157183192_crop_650x440.jpg?1354256968

What was the point of that gold stripe on the Falcons helmet?

Just clicked on the NFL section of SI.com and saw this beauty. Has it been announced when these will be worn? Should be their primary home uniform.

130717122737-falcons-saints-t1-071713-t1-wide.jpg

It was also worn last year against the Saints

hi-res-157183192_crop_650x440.jpg?1354256968

What was the point of that gold stripe on the Falcons helmet?

I think they added it to make the Georgia Tech people happy since they based their main colors on UGA.

Gold was part of the original color scheme I believe. They wanted to honor both GT and UGA. GT's part didn't last but a season. Not sure why. I am happy they did toss it.

The Old Gold stripe was present for the 1966-1969 seasons, but remained as part of the official color scheme (at least in marketing) until 1977 or so.

Gold was part of the original color scheme I believe. They wanted to honor both GT and UGA. GT's part didn't last but a season. Not sure why. I am happy they did toss it.

The Old Gold stripe was present for the 1966-1969 seasons, but remained as part of the official color scheme (at least in marketing) until 1977 or so.

Very interesting. I wonder why they kept the gold as an official but stopped using it on the uni.

Very interesting. I wonder why they kept the gold as an official but stopped using it on the uni.

Honestly, I always wondered if it was just an oversight.

I was following team color info even back in those days and it always bugged me.

Did gold appear on any part of the uniform other than that stripe on the helmet? Mixing in the gold was a bad idea cosmetically, but it was even worse if the only place it appears was the stripe. There didn't appear to be any gold on the pants or jersey in the photos of that era I found.

Did gold appear on any part of the uniform other than that stripe on the helmet? Mixing in the gold was a bad idea cosmetically, but it was even worse if the only place it appears was the stripe. There didn't appear to be any gold on the pants or jersey in the photos of that era I found.

Nope - just the helmet.

Here's a pic from an old book I have - The Pro Football Experience:

AtlantaFalcons_1969.jpg

No, it was only on the helmet. Illini1 is correst about it being added to appease GT fans and it was a pretty late development as I understand it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

that niners wordmark is so good and so..... nostalgic. it's hard to even picture their endzones with a different font.

i dare say it's iconic. i didn't even realize until now that they stopped using those endzones full time, and now i'm sad.

Here's a pic from an old book I have - The Pro Football Experience:

AtlantaFalcons_1969.jpg

That set is just begging for a Vikings-esque style update. If Atlanta can do to those what Minnesota just did to theirs (Bravebird's concept is on the right track), then the Falcons would immediately become the league's best-dressed team...ahead of even my own Buccaneers*.

*obviously biaaed, of course

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived