2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Broncos do wear orange as primary, but the Navy blue helmet and trim tones the uniforms less bright as in the 70s. Same as Titians, the navy pants especially when worn with light blue jerseys darkens entire uniform theme. It has been much less than 50 years for the Rams, they were wearing the Royal Blue jerseys and yellow pants in the 70s and 80s. You are right about the Chargers, they worn dark royal and/or navy since the early 70s I think. But majority of their fan base love the powder blue jerseys. But as you see, the presents of navy or black "darkens" the uniforms. Give me classic, light, bright, white, and varity of color schemes that made the teams look different from each other.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hummm....................I have NFL Sunday ticket, watch Sunday night games, Monday nite games, Thursday night games, work in video business and shoot NFL games, fan of NFL since 1973, Guess your right, I don't watch enough football....................................................

Hummm....................I have NFL Sunday ticket, watch Sunday night games, Monday nite games, Thursday night games, work in video business and shoot NFL games, fan of NFL since 1973, Guess your right, I don't watch enough football....................................................

Than your trouble telling teams apart must be a deeper problem or you just might be old

My simple question is why do just about all the teams have to have navy blue or black as part of their uniform colors and wear monochrome colors from head to toe when their has been a rich history of varity of colors to choose from. Can't teams be unique as back in the 70s or so ? Why does everyone want to look alike ???????

After all, these are the "Dark Ages" of pro football. Back in the day, when I starting following the NFL, you could instantly tell what teams were playing by the varity of brighter, different assorted colors all the teams had. Now days everyone wants to wear Navy Blue or Black and color monochrome uniform combos. Can't really tell the teams apart anymore. Miss the old bright colors of the Broncos, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Rams, Chargers, Oilers, etc.

The Broncos wear orange as their primary now. The Titans wear the old Oilers columbia blue as their primary. The Chargers haven't worn a 'bright' color as their primary in like 30 years, at least. The Rams haven't used a non-alternate/throwback bright jersey in over 50 years.

131525731_display_image.jpg?1331599904

Or, you know, about 14.

After all, these are the "Dark Ages" of pro football. Back in the day, when I starting following the NFL, you could instantly tell what teams were playing by the varity of brighter, different assorted colors all the teams had. Now days everyone wants to wear Navy Blue or Black and color monochrome uniform combos. Can't really tell the teams apart anymore. Miss the old bright colors of the Broncos, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Rams, Chargers, Oilers, etc.

The Broncos wear orange as their primary now. The Titans wear the old Oilers columbia blue as their primary. The Chargers haven't worn a 'bright' color as their primary in like 30 years, at least. The Rams haven't used a non-alternate/throwback bright jersey in over 50 years.

Or, you know, about 14.

When did royal blue become a 'bright' color?

Or, you know, about 14.

Is it just me, or is the helmet shade of blue different from the blue on the jersey? If so, I'd love to see the Rams use those helmet colors.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Or, you know, about 14.

When did royal blue become a 'bright' color?

You're kidding right? You mean you don't see one of these uniforms as being brighter than the other?

b7383cba8aa115c43e9e95e76ee732977e18b8d9.jpg?x=300&y=450&sig=8b5e7db8285246831692c4863779c154

Sam+Bradford+San+Diego+Chargers+v+St+Louis+MymUnIlYernl.jpg

I still maintain that royal blue is not a 'bright' color. Compared to navy or not, it's not considered 'bright'.

Bright colors would be the Bears, Bengals, Browns, Broncos & Dolphins orange; Falcons, Chiefs & Patriots red; Panthers carolina blue; Jaguars teal; Saints gold; Chargers powder blue; Rams yellow; Seahawks green; Buccaneers orange; Titans columbia blue and Oilers light blue.

Those would be considered bright colors, at least imo. Even so, the red is kind of pushing it, but I'll count it.

If we go by, "well, it's bright compared to _____" then we can just say every colored jersey that's not black is bright, because hey, it's bright compared to black.

Archived