2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Chargers' website also confirms the team is altering its socks. There will now be a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks.

Huh? That's hard to picture. Will it be just a thin stripe or a changover in color, like the Dolphins' new secondary sock? If the latter, that would be a big help with the dark pants.

Not hard at all. The Broncos do it.

Von-Miller-vs-Tampa-Bay.jpg

Oh, OK. That I can see. But "a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks" is an awkward way to describe that, IMO. "Halfway up the navy" makes it sound like the stripe is somehow within the navy portion. I'd call that a yellow stripe separating the navy from the white.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the Chargers' website also confirms the team is altering its socks. There will now be a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks.

Huh? That's hard to picture. Will it be just a thin stripe or a changover in color, like the Dolphins' new secondary sock? If the latter, that would be a big help with the dark pants.

Oh, OK. That I can see. But "a yellow stripe halfway up the navy socks" is an awkward way to describe that, IMO. "Halfway up the navy" makes it sound like the stripe is somehow within the navy portion. I'd call that a yellow stripe separating the navy from the white.

At least that's how I'm interpreting it. But if it's a line in the middle of the navy portion, that might be all bad

Go A's!

At least that's how I'm interpreting it. But if it's a line in the middle of the navy portion, that might be all bad

No, I think you're probably right... just not how I read it at first.

What about the powder blue socks?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Chargers-Tweak-Jerseys-for-First-Time-Since-2007/86ed638e-267a-430c-9d30-e65088394a71

The Chargers posted no photos of the socks, so it's hard to say for sure what they'll look like. The mention of them was buried in an article on chargers.com about the altered collars and nameplates. Here's the relevant text:

The third and final uniform modification is to the team’s socks. Midway up the sock there will now be a gold stripe. There is no change to the helmet or pants.

Read into that what you will. I have no idea if it means the yellow will be in the middle of the navy or underneath the navy, like the Broncos.

Sounds exactly like the broncos.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Two out of the three new nameplates for the Chargers.

tempIMG_3091--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

I feel like that's supposed to be an indictment of Manti's career, somehow.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/Chargers-Tweak-Jerseys-for-First-Time-Since-2007/86ed638e-267a-430c-9d30-e65088394a71

The Chargers posted no photos of the socks, so it's hard to say for sure what they'll look like. The mention of them was buried in an article on chargers.com about the altered collars and nameplates. Here's the relevant text:

The third and final uniform modification is to the team’s socks. Midway up the sock there will now be a gold stripe. There is no change to the helmet or pants.

Read into that what you will. I have no idea if it means the yellow will be in the middle of the navy or underneath the navy, like the Broncos.

Just like the Broncos. I'll post graphics later.

Them too.

http://www.chargers....30-e65088394a71

Just like the Broncos. I'll post graphics later.

Them too.

h4uBH5A.jpg

Oyp5KxV.jpg

w1JjfLb.jpg

3LZovTD.jpg

no oh god no

https://twitter.com/...6801664/photo/1

(new horrible facemask photo)

BMhrzJoCYAAagdm.jpg

Everyone is going crazy over this on Twitter it seems.

Earlier today on UniWatch, there was a story posted about Brian Orakpo's new facemask. He doesn't have it yet, but he said to "Think Bane", as in from Batman. I fully expect it to be this one, or something very similar.

BMkGBRUCQAI0Vgm.jpg

Orakpo tweeted this photo:

BKzJywECAAEvnl0.jpg

87Redskins.png

no oh god no

https://twitter.com/...6801664/photo/1

(new horrible facemask photo)

BMhrzJoCYAAagdm.jpg

Everyone is going crazy over this on Twitter it seems.

Earlier today on UniWatch, there was a story posted about Brian Orakpo's new facemask. He doesn't have it yet, but he said to "Think Bane", as in from Batman. I fully expect it to be this one, or something very similar.

BMkGBRUCQAI0Vgm.jpg

Orakpo tweeted this photo:

BKzJywECAAEvnl0.jpg

Yea, he had been wearing that for OTA's and mini-camp, but he has a different coming that he'll wear for training camp into the season. Here's the link to the story if you're curious: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/06/11/brian-orakpos-super-secret-facemask/

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

You know it would be just fine with me if the team decided to "tweak" one or two things every few seasons until this mishmash of bad design was turned into something respectable.

"We didn’t make this change so fans had to go out and buy new jerseys. It was never been meant to spruce sales. We wanted to change the jersey because we thought it would make it better.”

love that answer

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

http://butattheendof...-seat-necklace/

"According to Nike’s online shop page, they’ve photoshopped some gametime images with updates to the collar design. By my count, the Buccaneers, Ravens, Bills, Broncos and Chargers are the teams changing. The Saints, Rams and Bengals are keeping their toilet seat look and the Redskins white jerseys were not revealed. The Cardinals’ jersey is also unknown due to the picture."

Just how credible is 'your count' regarding the Bills among the teams ditching those ridiculous toilet seat collars??

I'm hoping you're 100% spot-on ... I'm just asking

"We didn’t make this change so fans had to go out and buy new jerseys. It was never been meant to spruce sales. We wanted to change the jersey because we thought it would make it better.”

love that answer

When reebok did the redesign they should have never used a white collar to begin with as it made the jersey design cheaper than it already was. Same goes with the vikings yellow collar. Overall it's pretty rare with modern jersey cuts where a contrasting collars or sleeve cuffs actually look good. Penn State is about the only team that I can think of where going single color was a step backward.

Archived